Eleven - New guy

11:09am. What? I slept for ages. Normally I use to wake up at 9am or something. God I guess I was really tired last night. I search my mouth with my tongue. There's something missing. Oh! My braces, right. I look through the window above me and see that today is a cloudy day. Not really a normal thing here in Cali. I get up and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and comb my hair. I go dowstairs to check what's everyone doing.

There's nobody home. This is weird. Then I check that there's a note on the kitchen balcony "Madison, we're out to a friends house. Your brother is spending the day with Jullie (his girlfriend) and we actually waited for you to wake up to ask you if you wanted to come with us but there was no way for you to open your eyes. There's chicken in the fridge if you want. If you don't, there's money at your desk for your lunch. Alright, we'll be back at night. Love, mom and dad." Niceeee, alone, I like that. I make my way to my room to see if there's really money on my desk. Yeah, there is. Obviously I'll go luch at the beach, I'm not staying at home. I put on a white tank, some boyfriend jeans, my green parka and my red vans. Yeah, I'm not wearing my boots today ahaha. I do a messy bun with my hair, skip makeup and pick up my LA shopper. I check my phone for the first time today, and nothing, no messages. I run downstairs and go to the garage to pick up my skateboard. I'm skating, how cool. I hope I won't hurt myself.

My way to the beach took more time than if I went on foot so when I get there it's already 12:45am. The sun starts to show up. There are some cute guys on the sidewalk but I just ignore them. They see me with my skateboard and start whistling at me "Nice board...nice ass". Jerks, I turn around and show them my middle finger "And nice finger" I wink and go away.

----

"Okay so what am I gonna order?" I think to myself. I have the menu in front of my face and when I notice, there's someone staring at me on the other side of the sidewalk. I'm at the esplanade by the way. It's Drew. He has his guitar on his back. He waves at me and I wave him back and tell him to come over. "Yo, what are you doing here?" he sits on my table.

"Uhm, eating?" I laugh at him

"Right... " he pauses "That smile is hurting my eyes, stop it" he says while he rubs his eyes.

"What?" I laugh again "Don't be silly"

"I'm not. You look beautiful" he smiles. He's so cute damn it. Stop Madison, stoooop.

"So, where's Wes and Keaton?" I ask him while looking through the menu.

"They're with Laraine, I guess they went a family lunch"

"Well it seems that everyone left us" I grin.

"Yeah but I'm here now, don't worry" he does a weird look "Those guys over there...do you know them?" his head shows me where to look.

"No, why?"

"They keep looking at you"

"Oh yeah, I kinda showed them my best finger" he looks at me "What? They were looking at my butt" I shrug.

"Oh Madison, you mini devil" he starts laughing "You did that and now they won't stop looking at you until one of them get your number"

"Shut up, it's not like that" I put the menu in front of my face so he can't see me blushing.

"Really? Well then, I guess you need to show your middle finger again to the guy who's coming over here" I look to my left and I see this guy coming over to our table. Oh my god, can I dig a hole now and put me in there?

"Hey" I look at him and he's hot as fuck "Uhm, I was just thinkin-" I cut him off

"Don't you see that I'm with someone?" I point out  at Drew.

"He's your boyfriend?"

"Uhm..well" Drew interrupts me "No, I like her but she doesn't like me back so go ahead". I kick him under the table. He's got to be kidding me.

"Cool. I'm Ashton and I'm sorry for about what happened before, my friends are a little crazy so" he looks shy and cute, his grey or blue eyes or whatever are making me going insane. I don't want to just give in and give him my number but but but but HE'S HOT. "Hey, are you there?" he shakes his hand in front of my face. I was concentrated on my thoughts and now the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Sorry" I sob "I'm Madison and that's okay, I'm sorry for what I did, it wasn't proper for a girl". Drew is staring at me. He's not laughing of me which is weird.

"So Madison, would you mind if I get your number?" he's waiting for an answer. It's alright to give him my number right? There's nothing wrong with that. "Yeah sure, give me your phone". I write my number on his phone and then he thanks me and goes back to his friends.

----

I'm sitted on the beach with Drew. It's nice having him here. He changed a bit since the guy came talk to me and, now that I'm thinking about it, was what he said true "I like her but she doesn't like me back"? He likes me or he just said it to make me go through embarrassment?

"Hey Drew?"

"Yes" he doesn't look at me, I'm getting worried.

"What you said before...is it true?" I look at him but there's no way for him to look at me.

"Uhm, what? I don't remember what I said..." Yeah right, and I'm Santa Claus. I see that he's writing something on the sand with his fingers "I wanna wake up on the beach, wake up with you by my side". He feels me looking at what he's doing and quickly he wipes it off.

"I gotta go Madison, it was nice to see you" he stands up and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, thanks for making me company"

"No problem". He turns around towards the sidewalk. What's the matter with him? I don't know what's happening but whatever. I stay on the sand for a while and suddenly I see a shadow coming from behind me "Did you forgot something Drew?" I look back "Oh, sorry, I thought it was another person". It's Ashton.

"I saw him going away so I thought I could just talk to you a little to get to you know you better" he sits next to me. I don't know what to do, this is embarrassing.

"Okay, you can sit here, I don't mind" I say sarcastically.

"So you're a funny girl uh" he smiles. Oh my god, stop, don't smile, otherwise I'm gonna melt right here.

"I guess so". He looks at me. His eyes following mine. His body touching mine. Nononononono "Uhm, I uhm, I need to go, I'm sorry" I stand up immediately. He seems confused "Alright, I'll text you later then".

"Okay, bye" I say while going back to the sidewalk. Man, what's wrong with me.

----

Finally home. Wesley hasn't said anything to me today. It's not normal. Or maybe it's just me freaking out because I'm not getting any attention from him. Control yourself Madison.

*Beep Beep*

Oh great, Ashton texted me "Hey Madison, it's me Ashton :) Look, you're a really cool girl and I notice that you skate so I was thinking if we could hang out tomorrow at the skatepark? That would be great!". He's nice, he doesn't seem like the jerks of his friends. I think I could dedicate him some of my time tomorrow "Sure yeah, I'll be there at 3pm".

----

I spent the rest of the day watching movies and taking naps. When my parents got home, they asked me how my day was and told them it went well. Now I'm about to close my eyes when someone texted me. Wesley. I haven't even read the message and I'm already smiling "Claire I'm so sorry I haven't told you anything today but I was really busy. I tried to call you but for some reason, it wasn't working. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise" At the end of the text there's a heart. Awww he sent me a heart, how sweet is that? "That's okay, I spend some time with Drew today so I was fine without you ahaha kidding. You better do something great tomorrow to make it up to me, you dork". Okay, now I can sleep.

I'm excited about the new boy and about Drew. Do you think he's really gonna tell her he likes her? Or do you think he will suffer in silence by seeing her getting closer to his best friend? Comment about your thoughts please, give me opinions :) Polyvore on the external link and photo of Ashton on the right.