Ten - Opening her heart

My mom's calling me. I think she wants me to show her my teeth. "Yeaaaah mom?" I yell.

"Come here please" she yells back. I do what she says. I feel dizzy and weak. I don't feel my mouth. This blows.

My parents are in the living room and my dad's holding his Canon  "What? Oh no, I don't want photos please" I turn around so he can't take any pictures.

"Hey look at us, we wanna see" my mom comes over to me and turns me back to them. "Smileee"

This is weird,  I feel ugly. But they're my parents so it's okay. And the person who I didn't want it to see already saw it so I think I can get through this right now.

I smile. They both look delightful with what they're seeing. My dad takes a picture of me and I didn't even bother myself to check how I look in it. "Happy? Can I go now?"

"Nonono, you're brother wants to see it too" my mom yells "John?? Come here honey, your sister took her braces off". Hell no, I don't wanna listen to his crap, I know he's gonna say that I look like a horse smiling, he never compliments me. I hear a background sound "Yeah, I'm comming". I hear footsteps behind me "Let me see that mess" he says. He already started and he didn't even saw my teeth. Gosh, I hate him. "Mom, ask him to shut up okay?" my mom does what I say but it's worthless "C'mon sis, show me that, I won't laugh". I close my eyes and give him a big smile. The next thing I hear is laughs. Loud laughs. I knew this would happen, he's my brother, it's what he does. I get out because I don't wanna hear it anymore. "You look like a horse by the way". Right, just like I said.

----

My phone's ringing. I'm lying on my bed and my phone is on my desk. I don't wanna get up, I'm too tired so I let it ring. It stops for five minutes but it starts ringing  again. "Ugh, fuck me" I grumble while I stand up to pick it up  "Heeeeeeeeeeeeey doll, so how's it look?" Carol asks me.

"My brother called me a horse so now you can imagine how do I look" I sit on the bottom of my bed.

"He's a jerk Mads, he never says anything good, fuck him. Can I come over to see myself? I'm soooo curious"

"Yeah sure, but quick before I fall asleep"

"Okay, see ya!" she hungs up.

I'm not comfortable with this clothes. I think I need to change for something more comfy. I pick up a random black shirt and some shorts. I take off my dress and put on what I have over my bed. Then I go to the bathroom and smooth down my hair and put it on a ponytail. I'm not planning on going out tonight because I feel like shit so I'm just gonna relax in my room with Carol. She can actually spend the night with me if she wants.

----

"Look who's hereeeee" she opens the door so fast that I literally jump off my bed

"Shit Carol, you scared me" my heart is pumping fast.

"Oh sorry" she comes near me and looks at me like a freak "Smile smile smile". Her eyes are wide open, I can see that she's excited. I grin at her and she freaks out "Oh my god, they're so white and so beautiful, gosh, you could kill me with that" I laugh "What? You're nuts"

"Seriously, they're all shiny and stuff. You look perfect". Aww so sweet, she said the same thing as Wes.

"Thanks baby" I walk towards my bed "You know, Wes came with me today, he was the first person who saw me without my braces and he said the exact same thing" I say while I'm sitting. What have I done, now she's gonna start saying that I like him. Which is not completely wrong but...

She comes sit next to me "Mads, tell me, what do you feel for this guy" she asks with her lenient voice.

"I don't know" I feel the heat coming to my face "I like to have him around and I like the way he talks to me but-" she stops me "No Madison, don't say that you can't like him because I'm tired of that. You can't just not like a guy because of what happened in the past. Chad was a dick, he IS a dick. He just don't know what he lost, you're unique, you're the girl everyone wants to have and I'm not surprised if Wesley likes you. I mean, from the stuff you've been telling me and from what I saw today at the beach, you two seem to have chemistry" she pauses so I can process everything she said.

"Do you think he likes me? He can get all the girls he want and I'm sure he wouldn't pick me from all those beautiful girls" I look at Carol and she's smiling.

"I do think he likes you. But it's your choice now. You could be happy with him and forget about Chad, just think about it okay"

"Yeah. But imagine this: we start dating and then he has to leave for who knows how long and I won't be hable to see him because he's on tour and-" she cuts me off again "Stop thinking too much Mads, damn it. Just live life and be happy!". She's right. I think too much on things and that's not good but I don't wanna be the one who takes the first step. I will wait for him. If he likes me, he will probably do something, right?

"Okay, enough of this. We should totally take a picture of your new smile" she stands up and grabs my sunglasses. She looks at me "C'mon you grumpy" she pulls me out of bed.

"Thanks Carol, if it wasn't you I wouldn't know what to do" I smile to her as she takes off her camera from her bag.

"You don't have to thank me, you're my baby girl, I'm always here for you like I know you're always there for m-" I hug her "I love you crazy bitch" I say.

"I love you too" she hugs me back "Now, are we taking the picture or not?" I nod. We place ourselves against a wall and she put her camera on timer over my desk so she can have time to prepare herself before the picure's taken. She run over to me. I don't know why we have our sunglasses on but whatever.

----

"Carol, are you staying for dinner?" my mom asks from behind the door. "Say yes pleaseeee, stay here the rest of the night" I whisper to her, "No, my mom's waiting for me to dinner, but thanks for the offer" she then turns at me "Sorry Maddi, I would love to stay but I promised my mom I would be there for dinner" "That's okay, I guess I'll spend my night eating and watching movies until I fall asleep" she laughs "You kill me honestly".

After a while she says goodbye and leaves my house. After she left, I went dinner with my parents only, my brother was with is girlfriend and thank god he wasn't home, I couldn't deal with his shit. Now I'm in my room (again, woow so exciting) and I'm about to post my picture with Carol on twitter. "Took off my braces. I feel weird yeah. Thanks for making me feel better Car Car, I love you girl @Car_Clark001". Minutes later, among all the Emblem3 fan's comments, I received a special one. From Wesley "Oh look who's showing her "ugly" smile to the world... I thought you said you didn't like your smile, which it's totally wrong because you look absolutely beautiful ;)". Okay, again a smile finds it's way to my face. This guy... he's making me going craz- oh another special comment, this time from Drew "Why haven't I seen that amazing smile yet? You girl are gonna suffer tomorrow, remember this. By the way, you look gorgeous". Another smile comes to my face. I want to reply them but I think I'll let their fans reply for me. I'm receiving a lot of comments from girls, all saying that I'm pretty and that I'm lucky to be friend of the boys.Whatever girls. I look to the watch and see that's already 10:21pm. I decide to put on my pj's and get in bed. While trying to sleep I think about Wes. He's really touching my heart but I won't show him my feelings, I'll act like I always did with him. Afterall he told me to never change.

I'm sorry, this is a short chapter, I didn't know what else to write, I'm not really happy with it but oh well, it'll get better ahaha Polyvore on the external link and Madison's photo with Carol on the right. Don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks :)