Fourteen - Too much to handle

Again, I couldn't wait to get this chapter done, I was so excited while doing it, I love it, and I think you're gonna love it too. I think my writing is improving a lot so I'm really happy with that but of course I certainly have some grammar errors there so I'm sorry for that. Okay, enjoy your reading :)

"Madison, come here noooow!!" I wake up with my mom yelling. My head is hurting a lot, maybe because yesterday I fell asleep with tears coming down my eyes. The sound of my mom's voice is not normal, it's different from the other days, she sounds terrified. I run downstairs and I see that everyone is in the living room. And when I say everyone I really mean everyone. My parents, my brother and Carol's parents. Carol's mom is crying and her dad is next to her, trying to calm her down, rubbing circles on her back. She's sitted and my mom is on her knees in front of her. I can't believe my eyes. This view, this image I'm getting, it doesn't seem right.

"W-What's happening?" I sob while I enter in the living room, worried with what they might say.

My mom stands up and wraps me in a hug. I feel a tear falling down on my shoulder "Madison" she looks at me "Carol...she's uhm...she's in the hospital". Those words hit me like a stone. It causes me to sit down and think about what my mom just said. My mouth spills out "Why?". My mom sits next to me "I need you to stay calm, I know she's your best friend"

"Mom, tell me!" I shout because I just need to know what happened to her.

"She had a heart attack last night and she's in a coma" she puts her arm over me.

I put my hands on my head. She had a heart attack? She had a fucking heart attack?? No, I think I'm having sort of a nightmare, this can't be true. My heart is racing at a thousand miles per hour. My face is turning red.  All my body starts to sweat. I look to Mrs.White, Carol's mom, and she continues to cry and that image makes me cry too. And once I start, I can't stop. I can't handle being here. I need to be alone. I still have my last night clothes on so I head outside and pick up my skate board.

I start going towards the beach. I think it's only 9:00 am so the beach is empty. Good because I don't wanna see anyone, I need to be alone.

I walk along the pier. When I get to the end of it, I sit watching the waves crashing. My mind starts to think about everything. Yesterday she didn't showed up at the bonfire because she was having a heart attack. I thought she was being an ass with me because she didn't told me she wasn't going to that stupid party. I feel so bad, how could I be so idiot? I knew she wasn't okay, I could tell that because she first said she didn't wanted to go. I should have known!! I'm the worst best friend ever. Now she's at the hospital. She's in a coma. Why god, why are you doing this to her? Please don't take her away from me, please. My thoughts overrun my head and tears stream down my face like razor blades. Then I think about what happened with Wesley too. All of this is literally tearing my heart in two. I need to go to the hospital to see Carol and I also need to solve things with Wes. This can't be real.

I'm leaned over my knees when I feel a hand getting on my shoulder. "Whoever you are, go away" my voice comes out weak as I try to breath. I don't get an aswer. That person sits next to me without saying anything. I lean back my head to see who is it and I see Drew. As soon as see it's him, as soon as I recognise his face, I throw my arms over to him. He hugs me tight and whispers on my ear that everything's gonna be okay. I continue to cry now leaned on Drew's shoulder. I wonder if he knows what happened to Carol. I wonder if he know about Wes.

We stood in that position for a while when he finally says something "Madison, whatever happens just know that I'll always be here" he's trying to keep me calm. It's good to hear his voice and feel his touch. My heartbeat starts getting back to it's normal and tears start to dry. I lean back to face him "Do you even know what happened?" I pull away my hair that's stuck on my cheeks.