Eight - Getting closer

It's morning already. I wake up and feel the smell of pancakes in the air. It's coming from the kitchen. I look to my left and Carol's still sleeping. I bet she dreamed of Keaton. I give her a nudge "Wake up drunk bitch". She starts opening her eyes and see that I'm pratically with my face on hers. She starts grumbling at me but I'm not listening to her. I get up and go to the bathroom. I look to myself in the mirror and clean my face up. I'm thinking about Wes. I hope he's okay. I mean he won't get rid of a headache, that's for sure. I tie my hair into a ponytail and, once again, try to wake Car up. She finally gets up. Her face looks miserable, my parents are gonna notice that she was drunk last night and they will suppose that I was too. Which is not true. I try to do something to her face like cleaning up with a towel and put some foundation on. It actually helped a little.

Together we make our way downstairs. "Last night was awesome, wasn't it?" she whispers.

"It was, but you had a lot more fun that me, right?" I laugh.

"What? No!"

I giggle "Oh yeah? And what about Keaton?"

"Keaton is friend okay, I just like his company". Of course she did. But what she said kinda fits on me when it comes to Wes. We are friends and I really really like when he's around. I hope my feelings won't grow, I can't fall in love again, I end up broken hearted last time I did.

----

When we're at table my dad starts asking us questions about last night.

"So, any boys?" he goes straight to the point.

"Dad! We're not sluts, omg". My dad can really surprise me sometimes.

"I was kiddind, c'mon Mads". My mom gives him a look while my brother just laughs with this awkward situation.

After breakfast, me and Car decide to go for a walk. We go upstairs to change ourselves. She doesn't need to get changed, after all she still has her last night clothes on. But of course she needs to change, what am I thinking. I put on my new york shirt, my army jeans and my brown boots. She wants to wear one of my red tank tops, some shorts and my glitter vans. I let my hair fall down naturally and she just did a ponytail with her blonde hair. We are now ready to go when I received a text. It's from Wesley. "Yoo Claire, just wanted to say you were the best last night, thank you for taking care of me and sorry for seeing me like that but you were so hot that I needed to forget that fact ahaha lol. Anyway, feel free to come back any time you want.  Okay, reply me if you want or just ignore me which would make me cry for like a year". I'm smiling to my phone like an idiot. Seriously, why am I acting like this? I can't get any feelings for him, it's not right and he's not into me anyway. Carol is laughing so hard that my mind, that was away for a couple minutes, is now figuring out she's laughing because of me. "What are you laughing for idiot?" "Well I suppose it was Wesley who sent you a text, am I right?" I want to lie but I can't. "Yeah, so what? He was just thanking me for yesterday because, when you left me by myself to be with Keaton, I was taking care of him, he was worse than you so I took him to a quiet room and layed him in bed an-" she stops me "And you kissed!" "Oh my god, no dumbass, we didn't. I can't kiss him, I can't even like him. Last time I did that, I swore I would never do it again.". She looks at me like she knows that's not true, we can't just force ourselves not to love anyone.

----

We get outside and there's an amazing sun up in the sky. Suddenly I remember what Wesley said in one of his Vines and say it out loud "Today is a good day to be alive!". I don't know why the hell I remembered this. "You're a freak Mads". Oh so kind of her. We start walking. My house is close to the beach so it took us just ten minutes to get there. She's always saying that me and Wes are gonna end up together. Honestely I don't imagine him with me. I think I'm not his type of girl. But with Drew I kinda see us together. He's a nice guy, a really good person with a huge heart, he knows how to make me smile too. I like his company but if I had to choose I would pick Wesley's company. I don't know why. Oh my god, I need to stop this!