Four - Conversations

There's a photo of Madison's friend, Carol, on the right. Also check my polyvore for some outfits, it's in the external link :)

- Sorry for any grammar errors -

I tell my mom I'm going out with Carol and Luke. She says it's alright but I need to come back in time for lunch. I walk through the exit door and start running to the park. When I get there I only see Luke. He's a really good looking guy but not that type who wants to be in a relationship all the time. He devotes his time to school so his grades are some of the best of our school. One time we kissed at a party, we felt attracted to each other but I guess it didn't work, we're better as friends. I give him a huge hug "Oh hey Mad, you seem happy aren't you"

"Yeah, I just have something A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to tell you, but we'll wait for Carol". Luke has been one of my closest friends since I moved here, along with Carol. I met them at school, they were in my class and they offered themselves to be my school guides. I actually didn't want to move to Cali but my parents needed this, they have better jobs now and our lifestyle improved a lot. I miss my hometown friends so much, I usually go back to Portugal on my summer breaks but this year we weren't coming back because my dad needs to work during the holidays. It sucks, so I told my friends to come spend this summer with me, that would be sick but obviously it's hard for them. I have more friends here in Cali; during these years I met a lot of people and they're all cool; American teenagers are waaay different from Portuguese teens but now I feel like a typical Californian, although I'm still Portuguese but I don't care, I like it here.

I spot Carol. She seems tired, probably because she went running too, we're kinda similar. I get closer to her to give her a hug. Carol is a popular girl, she's stunning and she can get all the boys she want. She's a blond girl with blue eyes and a perfect body. She gives me all the advices I need to have in consideration when it comes to boys. "Hey baby girl" she smiles. "Hey Car, I have these awesome news to tell you guys" "Yeah I knew it would be something great because when you called us you seemed pretty excited for someone who normally has a bad mood in the morning"

"Oh shut up. You know that I went to the Emblem3 concert yesterday, right?".

They nodded. "Well guess what, I went to dinner with them!!", I fan girl a little, even if I'm not that type  at all, I just like them. Point.

"No way!! How?", Carol is speechless. I tell them everything what happened and when I get to the part when me and Wes went for a walk at the beach Luke gives his point of view "Well Mad, I think he probably likes you, I mean, he may like your personality, who doesn't?". He made me blush "Oh no, he can't like me, what do I have for him to like me, he's Wesley freaking Stromberg"

"So what? Nothing is impossible. You're special and you know that, you're different from the others okay", Luke looks right into my eyes. I can't stop looking at his face, he's so genuine and true. Carol freaks out like I knew she would, and then she asks me what happens next "Actually Drew sent me a message saying for me to come to the beach to hang out with them, you should totally come, I'll introduce you guys!!". Carol obviously says yes but Luke seems a little unsure but he ends up coming too. I tell them to meet me at my house after lunch so we can go together. I give them a hug and start walking home.

----

I get home and lunch isn't ready yet so I go upstairs to my room. I turn on my laptop and go to tumblr. It's amazing how many people love Emblem3 and wish they met them when me, a regular girl who went to their concert like everyone else, is just about to hang out with them, again. I really don't think this is real, I think I'm in a dream but at the same time, they look like normal teens and I just see them as friends. I'm not the girl who dies for one of them like some girls here, but I do care for them because they're trying to transmit a message to the world and that's something that made me like them, besides of their music of course. I don't wanna brag myself saying that I met them and that I'm going surfing with them today. No, not at all. I just told my closest friends because they have the right to know and that's it.

My brother walks straight in to my room "Hey what about knocking idiot?" I grumble.

"I'm the older brother so shut up, I do what I want. The lunch is ready cowgirl"

"Fuck you John seriously". I kick him out of my room and I need to hurt him to do that because he didn't choose the easy way. I get really mad so I shut the door so tight that my mom starts yelling at me from downstairs.

----

My dad begins to talk like he always does at table "Madison, what do you have planned for today? I have my day off and your mom wanted to do some shopping"

"I can't go dad, I'm going to surf with Wes, Drew and Keaton" I say.

"Who are they?"

"More known by Emblem3"

"Oh that band! You're gonna be with them? Do you know them?" he frowns.

"Yeah, well, not much but yesterday they invited me to dinner after the concert so I did. They asked for my number and today I'm gonna be with them again"

"Okay, that's weird but okay" he shrugs. My brother starts saying that he wants to meet them too and I tell him fine, but in one condition, he needs to start being less of a jerk. He nods but I know he's lying. My mom, once again, tells me to be careful and not give them much talk because I don't know them well enough and to reassure her, I tell her Carol and Luke are coming too. She seems more calm now.

I walk to my room and text Drew "Hi, I just finished lunch, I'm going to the beach now and my friends are coming with me, I hope you guys don't mind, xo". I put on my bikini, my vest top and my shorts. I put a rainbow headband on my hair and skip makeup. I grab my bag and walk to the garage to pick up my surfboard. Drew also told me to bring my skateboard so I pick that up too. While I was walking out of the garage, I see my friends coming. "Right in time", I say.