Nine - Smile

I get home and my mom's on the phone. When she hungs up, she tells me my dentist anticipated my appointment for today. It should be next week but for some reason he changed the date. I'm gonna take my braces off. I don't want to, I like having braces, and I've been using it for three years now. I put it before I moved here to Cali. My happy mood quickly turns into a bored mood. I go upstairs and text Carol and Luke what I'm gonna do today "Really?? That's so awesome, you'll look stunning without that!!". I don't think so but well, what can I do right.? I'm still considering if I text Wesley or not. I think he would like to know that I'm taking my braces off so I decide to text him "Hey :) so I got home and my mom told me I'm taking my braces off today. I was hoping it would be next week but yeah, it changed for today. I'm just telling you this because I know you like my braces, you stare at my teeth everytime I smile ahaha". I send this to him and a few minutes later e replies "Whaaaaaaaaaaat?? Nonononono, I love your braces :( can I at least go with you? I have nothing planned for the rest of the day and we could spend more time together before I go back to LA...". I smile. I reply saying that's okay, he can come with me. I tell him to meet me at my place at five. 

----

I walk around the house looking for my mom and she's in the garden cleaning our pool "Mom, you don't need to come with me today, I already have company" I say to her.

"Carol's going with you?"

"No, Wesley"

She gives me a look "That guy from the band? Uhm... Alright but behave yourself"

"I'm seventeen mom, please". I turn around and go back to my room. I turn on twitter to see what's happening. I see that the single "Chloe" has reached one million views on youtube. That's so amazing, I'm so proud of them.  Then I noticed that I have so many followers now and so many notifications. When did I turn so popular? The thing is, I don't like it. I shut down my laptop and search for something to do. It's only three o'clock so I have a lot of time until Wes comes. My mom's still cleaning the pool but I think I can go for a swim. I put on my bikini and make my way outside.

----

The water is nice. I can relax in here without thinking of anything. Just me, the trees and the water. My mom left me alone and I thank her for that. I need some time by myself to reflect on things. Right now, I'm thinking about Chad. I felt something when I saw him the other day. It's not that I still like him but, it's weird, I felt my heart beating so fast. It shouldn't be like that right? I mean, he's my ex and he cheated on me. The best thing I did was breaking up with him, even though I still loved him. But life is made of this, made of ups and downs and I'm willing to forget about that sad memory.

I'm floating. My body is relaxed. I actually fall asleep but it's not for too long. I wake up with water on my face. 

"Wtf!!!" I grumble.

"Wake up sunshine, it's time to go" Wes is standing near the pool looking at me.  I only notice it's him when I rub my eyes.

"What a nice way to wake up, seriously" I walk towards the pool stairs and get out. "Give me that towel over there"

He picks it up and wraps me with it "What a nice house you have here"

"Thanks" I say. "Let me just go to my room to change clothes okay? Wait here or in the living room if you want, whatever"

I run because it's getting late for my appointment. I open my closet and decide to put on my favorite skater dress and my black boots. My hair's all curly, after getting out of the water it gets like that. I put on my bowler hat and make my way downstairs.

When I get at the end of the stairs Wes is with my mom at the front door. They both look at me and he hissed "Looking good Claire"

"Yeah, whatever you say. Let's go" I shrug. I pick up my car keys and give my mom a kiss goodbye. When we get near my car, Wesley stops.