Twenty - Trust issues

This might be a short chapter but I like it. I'm sorry I haven't updated earlier but I've been tired and I wasn't really inspired but I'm back haha I'm going on vacations tomorrow so during a week I won't be updating...okay, enjoy your reading :)

- Sorry for any grammar errors -

I can’t believe this is actually happening. Drew doesn’t recognize any of us. He doesn’t remember anything. If you could see his face right now, you would be crying like I am. It’s painful seeing him like this, it breaks my heart. What are we supposed to do? Wait? I don’t even know if he’ll cover from this amnesia and this is all my fault. Do you know how hard is it gonna be if he doesn’t recover? His friends, his family, his career. The band, for god’s sake, everything will be over.

“Bud, don’t you know who I am?” Wes asks almost like a whisper. His voice is cracking. If it’s hard for me I can’t even imagine how it is for him. I try to comfort him rubbing circles on his back. Drew is staring at us and I can see he’s scared. I would be scared too if I was on his shoes. He’s now sitting up on the bed to take a better look at us “Who are you? Why are you crying?” he says pointing at me. I try to smile but it’s hard. “I’m Madison, don’t you remember Drew?” he nods and looks at Rachel. She’s now sited on the edge of the bed looking at him “I saved you, you’re here, in the hospital, because of me and you’re safe now”. She what? She saved him? I’m not really getting it. Probably she found him and she called an ambulance. Oh my god, I can’t hate her now, she really saved his life. I look at Wes and he plants a kiss in my head while I rest my hands over his chest “Everything’s going to be fine babe” I say to him. Then the doctor comes in “Hello again. I can see my patience here woke up. How are you feeling my friend?” Drew tries to smile at him but when he looks to us again, that smile just vanishes “I don’t know, my head hurts a lot… what’s happening?” “You know what? You need to rest” the doctor turns his gaze to us “I think you should give him a little time to rest, come back tomorrow”. Wes clears his throat and agrees with him “Okay so, bye bro, I’ll be back tomorrow with some stuff that might help you remember who we are” he gives a little pat on his hand and then guides me through the door. Keaton follow us right behind after he says his goodbye.

When we’re heading out of the hospital we hear a girl’s voice “Wait!” We all look behind us and see Rachel running in our direction “Where are you going now? I thought we could go for a coffee just so I can tell you guys what happened with Drew”. When I’m starting to open my mouth to answer her, Keaton talks “Sorry Rachel, we’re all tired and we all need some time to think about everything. Maybe tomorrow okay?” Nice Keats, thanks. She looks disappointed but instantly nods “You’re right, see you tomorrow then” she smiles and walks past us.

“I have my car over there, where should we meet?” I ask Wes as soon as we reach his car “My place?” he says smiling and kissing me “Okay but I’m gonna stop by my house first to get changed. See you later boo”. Then Keaton waves me and I start walking towards my car.

 ----

“Mom! I’m home” I say as I enter in the house. I close the front the door and my mom yells “Okay sweetie!” I walk upstairs to my room to change clothes because I still have my bikini on and I kinda feel a little uncomfortable since I didn’t have time to dry it because Ashton was waiting for me and I didn’t want to spend the whole morning at the beach with him.

I took a quick shower and now I’m searching for clothes in my closet and then I see something that instantly makes me smile: Wesley’s snapback, the one he told me to keep when we were hanging out at the beach. I decide to put it on for today, I think he’ll like it. I put it backwards and pull out of my closet an old shirt, a crop top and some jean shorts. I put on my boots, pick up my backpack and now I’m ready to go. Just when I’m about to wander downstairs my brother speaks “Where do you think you’re going?” “When do I need to give you explanations?” I roll my eyes and climb down the stairs. I’m not here to deal with his shit, I’ve been through a lot lately and I just can’t stand my brother at the moment.