Chapter 45: I swear he's out to get me

Jack's POV

'We're home, Mom!' I said cheerily as my friends and I entered my house at around midnight.

'In here.' A deep male voce spoke.

'Uh..' I cautiously went into the living room where my mom was nursing my Dad, sitting in a wheelchair.

'When did you get out of hospital?' Derek asked, clearing his throat.

'When you guys were at the dance, I went to pick him up.' My mom said as handed my Dad his glass of water.

'Oh.'

'Jack, we need to talk.' My Dad spoke.

'Sure thing, guys will you go upstairs?'

My friends all nodded. 'Boys, all of you can stay over. It's too late to be walking home and waking your parents up.' My mom smiled sweetly at them all.

'Soooo.. what's up?' I sat down in an armchair when the guys had gone upstairs.

'I need to go home, Jack.'

My heart broke a little. I knew my Mom would need to go home soon, as she has a baby and she lives in a shelter.

'Oh.'

'My flight is tomorrow.'

'Why so soon?' I asked, a little stunned.

'Well, your baby brother is going to be put in foster care because there isn't enough staff at the shelter to babysit 24/7.'

'It's fine mom, I understand completely.' I said, looking up at her.

'Are you sure? You guys are still coming to visit right?' Her eyes watered.

'Of course! As soon as summer starts, we're gonna take two cars down to see you. I promise.'

'You can stay as long as you like, your dad and I will pay for you boys to get a cabin.' My mom smiled sweetly at my Dad. 'Won't you, Bassam?'

'Mhm.' My dad huffed and nodded.

'Woah.. thanks guys.'
'No problem sweetie, you boys deserve the best.'

I smiled back at my mom and then asked the dreaded question. 'What time is your flight tomorrow?'

She looked at me sadly. 'I need to leave here at 1pm'

'Can we take you to the airport?'

My mom laughed a little. 'You wouldn't all fit in the car, and your Dad isn't in any state to travel.'

'Well.. me, Alex, Derek and Isaac?'

'I'd love that.'

'Alright well, you go back upstairs to your friends and get some sleep.' She winked at me, sending me upstairs.

'Alright, night!'

'Night, baby.'

Alex's POV

So, let's have a re-cap.

Jackson got arrested. He'll probably stay in prison or under surveillance until they get some more evidence to back up the case against him, but they tracked the phone number that sent the text and find out that the phone belongs to him. Apparently Theo won't leave the sheriff station.

'My Mom's leaving tomorrow.' Jack appeared at his bedroom door holding blankets and pillows.

'What? Really?'

'1pm. You, Derek & Isaac are coming to the airport with us.' Jack gave out the blankets and pillows as I got tucked up into his bed.

'Of course, Jack.'

'I'll tell you guys more tomorrow, I'm just really tired.' Jack crawled into bed beside me.

'Alright Jacky.. g'night.' I shrugged, looking at the rest of the guys and lay down beside Jack, snuggling up to him as we all fell asleep.

**

'Derek if you don't stop fucking snoring, I'm going to kill you.'

**

'WAKE UP IT'S 12:30!' Jack shouted, shaking me.
'Oh shit.' I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

'We need to take your mom to the airport!' Isaac shouted as we all scrambled out of bed, waking the rest of the guys up by kicking them.

'Jack I'm stealing one of your shirts.' I smiled, blowing Jack a kiss as I walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out a plain black t-shirt, throwing it over my naked torso.

Once we were all dressed and had used some various colognes and body sprays, we bounded downstairs where Jack's dad was sitting casually in his wheelchair.

'Where's Mom?'

'She left early to miss the traffic.' His dad smiled deviously.

'She left...?'

'Yeah. I got her a taxi. I didn't want to wake you guys.'

'You asshole. You knew we all wanted to say goodbye! Come on, we're all going to the airport.' Jack muttered as he snatched his jacket and his dad's car keys.

Jack's POV

As we hustled through the airport, we found my Mom standing in the queue to check in for her flight.

'Mom!' I yelled, as we all ran towards her, bumping into a few people.

'Boys? Oh god you're all here.'

'We wanted to say bye!' Alex smiled, pulling her into a hug.

'I hate goodbyes.' Stiles murmured as he looked down, tearing up.

'I'll miss you boys.'

'We'll see you soon, we promise.' Derek smiled.

'GROUP HUG.' I yelled, smooshing everyone together.

'SOMEONE'S HAND IS ON MY ASS!' Derek shouted.

'It's not mine.' Stiles murmured.

'It's mine!' My mom giggled as I released everyone from the hug.

'Next please.' The posh airport lady said, calling my Mom forward. My mom quickly took my hand and squeezed it.

'We need to call and skype okay?'
'And text. And email. And add me on facebook.' I smiled at my mom, letting go of her hand as she walked away, blowing kisses to us all as we dramatically caught them.

'You alright, Jack?' Alex wrapped his arm around my shoulder, leading me out of the airport.

'Yup. We need to visit her.'

'Agreed!' Everyone nodded as we opened up our car doors.

'I have a fun idea. Derek, follow me in your car.'

I'd drove my Dad's car with Alex, Scott, Isaac and Liam and Derek drove his car with Stiles, Zack and Rian. I smiled and everyone climbed into their cars.

'Where are we going?' Alex asked me when we drove along the road.

'Wait and see.'

**
'Jack, are you trying to tell us something?'
'Why are we at a baby store?'

'Shhh! We're gonna put basket together for Lydia.'

'That girl caused you hell.'

'Yeah, but how much do you wanna bet her parents don't know that she's pregnant? Also, baby shopping is fun.'

'We could get stuff for your brother and mail it to your mom.' Alex shrugged.

'Derek, I dare you to wear a bonnet and put a pacifier in your mouth.'

'That's not the only thing in his mouth.'
'Shut the fuck up, gay boy.'
'I'M NOT FUCKING GAY!'

So, as a bunch of dumb looking teenage guys charged into a baby store buying bottles, diapers, toys and clothes, I felt content again.

These guys help me to forget about my Dad and all the other shit.

Family isn't about blood or being related. It's about sticking together no matter what.

That's why this bunch of idiots is my family.