Chapter 24: Prom - Part Two

Alex's POV

'Will you get us some punch?' The girls all said to us in unison. They then looked at eachother and giggled.
'Sure.' We all said and weaved off to the punch bowl, where a drunk Jackson was standing, flirting with a teacher. He had his arm pressed against the wall and she was trapped into a corner.
'Look, all I'm saying is I'm good.' The teacher looked very uncomfortable, as he was basically sexually harassing her. But she can't ruin a students prom night, according to everyone.
'Jackson, back off.' As soon as I stepped in, the timid newbie teacher smiled at me and scuttered away, eyeing up her escape.

'Fuck off, Gayskarth.'

Did he just make the shittiest pun ever?

'Gayskarth? Oh wow. I bet it took you so much time to come up with that one, considering the amount of time it takes you to pass a goddamn ball in a lacrosse game.'

Talking to him whilst he was drunk didn't scare me. It angered me. I fucking hate alcohol, but you would too if you had to take care of an alcoholic every day of your life.

Jackson tried to throw a sloppy punch, but I ducked and he descended to the floor.

'Idiot.' I muttered. A few of his dumb friends came over and helped him up, and he soon vomited all over his date.

I turned round to see Jack trying not to laugh. I bet I could make him laugh properly, and it would calm me down. So I tickled him.
'Stop, lex!' He laughed.

'Hello?' We saw the girls shouting and waving us from across the gym. Shit. Right. Yeah. The punch.

We filled the glasses for our dates and returned to them. Ugh. I hate this. Of course, they were playing some song where Jessica thought it would be appropriate to turn around and start grinding on me. What the fuck is in this girls head? I looked over to see that Lydia was doing the same. Catriona & Hayden were just dancing normally. Why are Jack & I stuck with the slutty fucking ones?

Jessica snaked her hand around my neck, pulling me closer to her. I could literally feel her ass cheek rubbing against my crotch, and man it is not giving me a boner.
'Alex..' She moaned.

Again, Lydia was doing the same thing to Jack.

'Help me.' He mouthed, looking sad and uncomfortable. I winked at him and lightly tapped Scott on his lower back, who was dancing behind me.

Scott knew what this meant, and he pretended to faint.

Very dramatically.

'Oh no, we gotta get him some water!' Jack & I gasped as we dragged Scott across the floor.

Success. We would have freedom for a few minutes.

'Alright I gotta piss.' Scott said as soon as we got outside the gym. Jack & I nodded and walked down the corridor a bit in silence.

'Lex..'
'Yeah?' I looked up at Jack. His head was down and a tear slipped out of his eye.
'I don't wanna go back in there.' He choked.
My heart shattered.

I hate how society rules us. We have to be popular, attractive, straight, lacrosse captains, date cheerleaders, dress normally, like normal music.. Well fuck that.

'Jacky boo, we gotta.'
'I know. I just don't want to.' He sniffled whilst wiping his nose.
'It'll be over in a couple of hours.'
He sniffed again. 'Lydia's parents got us a hotel room.' He said awkwardly.
'What..?' I asked, my heart breaking.
'She slipped a condom into my pocket when we got out of the limo.'
'Jacky..' I pulled him into a hug. I know this isn't what he wants at all. As soon as his head touched my shoulder, he broke down. He couldn't stop crying.
'Hey Jacky.. Slow down.' His breathing was heavy and fast.
'Panic attack..' He muttered.

I froze. I've never helped a person with a panic attack before, I used to get them when my brother passed but everyone's different.

'What do you want me to do?'

'Quiet. Lullaby.' He mumbled In-between breaths. I shot into action and half carried him down the corridor to a quiet spot where I sang twinkle twinkle whilst rocking him. I panicked, it was the only lullaby I could think of.

'You have a sweet voice.' He chuckled lightly and ever so gently.

I stroked his head, but I was a little cautious as this was prom and couples will be looking for quiet spots, and people would start looking for us.

'Jacky.. People are gonna look for us..' I mumbled whilst kissing his head and stroking his hair.

'I know.' He stood up straight, wiped his nose, took a deep breath and took a few steps.

'Thankyou Lex.' He smiled when we reached the gym doors where Scott was waiting for us.

All of a sudden I was filled with rage.

Jess cheated on me.
Jackson hit Jack multiple times.
Lydia was forcing Jack into shit.

'Jacky, stand at the back of the gym with the guys.'

I stormed into the gym, Scott followed after me.

It's time. I climbed up onto the stage and went to the microphone, Scott mumbled something to the DJ and the music stopped.

I took a deep breath and spoke.

'Hey guys, my name is Alex Gaskarth and I'd like to show you all something.'

(Please leave comments!x)