Chapter 26: Say hello to all my little nightmares

Jack's POV

'Don't cuss in front of Jack!'
'He's a baby! He doesn't understand!'
'Leave me alone, Bassam.'
'Fine. I don't want a cheating slut around my son anyway!'
My dad hit my mom and she left. He picked me up from school and I always wondered where she was.

Alex's POV

'Jack? Jacky? Jack baby wake up!' I shook Jack repeatedly, desperately trying to get him to wake up. His heartbeat was fast, he was shouting, he was crying, he was sweating, he was shaking, his breathing was way too heavy..

He's having a nightmare.

'Jacky!' I shouted one more time as I shook him a little bit harder this time. He opened his eyes wide, still muttering words.
'You had a nightmare.' I mumbled as I pulled the confused and scared Jack to my chest.

I'd stayed in Jack's house after prom, and we'd fallen asleep on his bed. It was 5am.

He was whimpering into my tshirt - well, his tshirt cause I couldn't really sleep in a tux.

'It's okay Jacky, I'm here.' I stroked his head and kissed him, just like I'd done a few hours ago at prom.

Ah yes.
Prom.

So, after I pretty much got Jessica and Lydia expelled, Jack & I got to slow dance together. On the stage. And nobody dragged us away from eachother.

I didn't get in trouble for my 'graphic video' cause the video only showed their ankles in the stall and footage of them leaving the bathroom.

We danced until 2am, sometimes together, sometimes with our friends. We got loads of photos taken in the booth, where we looked like complete twats. Around 2am people started to clear out and Jack got sleepy, so we went back to his house.

I wonder who Lydia was staying in the hotel with.

'Lex?'
'Yes Jacky?'
'Do..do you really..love me..?'
'No.'
His face fell. 'Oh..'
'You idiot. I'm in love with you. There's a difference.' I winked.

I smiled at the flashback of our conversation during one of our slow dances.

Jack had fallen asleep again, so I laid him down gently on the bed, spooned him and tried to get some sleep as well.

Jack's POV

'Jack Barakat, what the hell?!'
I woke up, wiped my eyes and noticed I wasn't wearing a shirt.
'What's wrong?'
My dad pointed to Alex next to me, who looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.
'This is Alex remember?'
'Why is he in your bed with his arm around you?!'
Alex snatched his arm away.
'It was prom dad, we came home tired and must've fallen asleep talking.'

My dad came into my room and gripped me by the throat.
'Don't fucking lie to me!'
'Dad stop!' I yelped. I didn't want this happening, especially in front of Alex. He has a few anger issues when it comes to people hurting me.
'Hey, fuck off.' Alex said calmly.
'Did you just cuss at me?'
'Yeah, get your fucking paws off of YOUR SON. You're not supposed to hurt your kids.'
My dad loosened his grip and I shuffled over to Alex.
'He's my son. I can do what I want.'
'Yeah and he's my boyfriend so I do what HE wants.' Alex pulled me over towards him and out of his dad's reach. I thanked the Lord for blessing me with a king size bed so my dad couldn't reach us.
'What?'
'You heard me.'
My dad opened his mouth but no words came out, he pointed his finger at me and left hastily.
'Will he hurt you, Jack?'
'I don't think so.. He never has before.. Just threatens me and gets angry a lot. He tries I guess..'
Alex sighed. 'Alright, get dressed. We're going on a date.'
'What? Where to?'
He smiled cheekily, stood up and gave me a kiss. 'It's a surprise.'

(Please leave comments!x)