Chapter 14: I'll admit, I do it all for the attention

Alex's POV

I was awoken at 7am the next morning by my alarm going off and my group chats on my phone going nuts.
Stiles: 'Hey guys, the jeep broke down, will you guys come help me push it?'
Scott: 'Stiles, we're not pushing the jeep to school.'
Jack: 'Don't you get a ride with Derek?'
Derek: 'Always ;)'
Stiles: 'Yeah but my jeep is neglected.'
Rian: 'So you'd rather take an old jeep than a shiny black camaro?'
Stiles: 'Shut up. She's neglected.'
Zack: 'dude, get your dad to take it to get fixed when we're at school'
Stiles: '...actually that is a pretty good idea.'

These guys are my best friends and I love them to pieces. Maybe some more than others...

Jack: 'I saw you reading the messages, good morning Lex :)' Jack messaged me privately and I got butterflies so bad I thought I was going to explode. I seriously have feelings for Jack.
'Morning Jacky, I'm gonna drive this morning. See you in school.'
I put my phone down, not waiting to see Jack's reply. I felt like driving this morning, it keeps me calm and happy.
It seemed like I was being mean to Jack, but really I was just in a hurry. He knew that.

I hopped into the shower to refresh myself, and then it was time to choose clothes.

I went with a black shirt, a red leather jacket, black military boots and black jeans with rips in them.

I'm feeling good today.
I fixed my hair to perfection, sprayed some cologne and I was gone. I turned up the radio in my car as loud as I possibly could and sang the words to a Nirvana song.

When I pulled up at school, I was late. Everyone was already inside. Shit.

I ran through the front doors and down the hallway to my first class, English.

Everyone looked at me when I entered and I muttered a 'sorry I'm late' to the teacher, but she didn't seem to mind much.

Scott smiled at me and laughed and we got on with our work.

Jack's POV

Where's Alex?
He's late.
I hope he didn't have a car accident or something.
Yeah, I worry a lot. I'm sitting here in my English class next door to Alex's, and I'm shitting bricks. I really hope he's late cause he was too busy trying to choose a shirt or something like that.
Ugh.
I miss him.
Jessica and Jackson were both in this class with me, not acting suspicious but Jessica kept throwing me death stares every few minutes. It was getting tiring, so I shouted over the class
'Hey Jess, is there something on my face?'
'No?'
'Then stop fucking looking at me!'
She looked completely stunned, and the teacher told me that she would speak to me outside.

When speaking to me, she couldn't help but smile and hold in her laughter. 'Jack I wish I didn't have to send you to the principals office, but I have to because you used bad language and disrupted class.'
'It's cool, I understand. Can I go get my stuff?'
She stood aside and I went into the classroom, grabbed my stuff and picked up my water bottle. As I turned to walk out the door I heard a snigger come from Jessica so I lunged the water bottle at her head and muttered 'bitch.' Under my breath. Again, the teacher tried not to laugh but she pointed me in the direction of the principals office.

I sat there until the bell rang, and then people started to walk past me. I heard a few familiar voices come from Stiles & Alex.
'Dude, what did you do?' They questioned whilst laughing.
'I cursed at your girlfriend and then threw a water bottle at her head.' Alex tried to look serious but then he gave up and started laughing.
'What did she do?'
'She kept staring at me, giving me daggers. Then when I asked her what the fuck she was looking at, I got sent up here and she laughed so I threw a water bottle at her head.'
I smiled.
'Serves her right.' They both said at the same time.
I've been here for half an hour, 'I'm not staying any longer. Let's go.' So we all went off together, hoping not to bump into Jessica and her dumb friends.

Alex's POV

Walking to music class, Jack & I walked past the boys bathroom and they were empty. I sighed sadly, I just wanted out of this relationship with her before prom.
'You okay?' Jack patted me on the shoulder.
'Yeah dude, I'm good.'
In music class Jack & I had partnered up for an assignment, we had to write a song together. Neither of us had a safe home to work at though, with my dad being an alcoholic and Jack's dad always in a bad mood, so we had to work only in school.

My phone bleeped.
It was my dad, I'm surprised he even knew how to work his phone.
'You stupid fag, there isn't any beer left!' I groaned. Jack looked at my phone but didn't say anything. I think he just understood that it was a conversation I didn't want to have, not yet.

I cleared my throat.
'So? The song.'
'Oh yeah, I have the guitar cords written out.'
'Great! And I have all the lyrics except the last verse. I just need a little more inspiration.' I smiled. I wanted this song to be perfect, I wanted impress Jack.

'Alex.'
'Yes Jacky?'
'We have lacrosse practice tomorrow and another game on Friday, are we gonna keep Jackson benched?' Jack looked concerned.
'If he behaves, he can join in I guess. But only if we need him.'
'Agreed.' As much as we hate Jackson, he was a good player and we have to do what's right for the team.

But if he's been fucking Jessica, then that all goes out the window.

'Do you think he is having sex with Jessica?'
'I mean, I never hang out with her outside of school. They could easily be going to eachothers houses.' I said calmly. This is only frustrating me cause I want the truth and proof, or she can turn everything and everyone against me and I'd lose it all. My friends would be bullied for hanging out with me. I need to break up with her and keep everyone on my side.

'I need to get rid of her before prom. It's so close and I'm not going with her.'
'Dude, Lydia has a yellow dress. I'd have to wear a fucking yellow suit.'
'That's awful man.' I sighed. I forgot Jack was still in a relationship. I thought we could all hang out together at prom, with no girls.
'Apparently her dress was more than a thousand dollars and it was made in Paris.'
'Jesus dude, if I had a thousand dollars I'd use it to save up for a car or something.'
I saw how upset Jack was about everything, we were both stressed out and probably had a lot of secrets.
Under the table I felt myself reaching for Jack's hand again, but this time I didn't stop myself. I held his hand and squeezed it, and my heart skipped a beat when he squeezed back and smiled.