Chapter 23: Prom - Part One

Jack's POV

I stood in front of the mirror adjusting my tie.
'Well dad? How do I look?'
My dad stood in my doorway with folded arms, but then he walked towards me and fixed my tie.
'You look great son.' My dad looked at me with slight tears in his eyes. He wasn't a big fan of showing his emotions so he cleared his throat and spoke. 'Well, you better get to Lydia's house.'
I sighed at the mention of her name.
'You really don't like her, do you?'
'Nope.'
My dad sighed. 'Well son, you just gotta suck it up and show the little lady a good time.'
'I will.'
I walked past my dad and he gave me a pat on the back.

It was 6pm, and he was gonna drive me to Lydia's house cause he was going to hang out with a 'colleague'.

The car journey was pretty silent, and when I arrived at Lydia's house they had a red carpet and balloons everywhere. Jesus Christ.

'Son, enjoy yourself. Even if it means ditching her.' My dad gave me a quick hug and I got out of the car. Lydia's mom came out to meet me.
'Jack honey! She'll be down in just a second.'
'Okay.' I smiled. I guess Lydia wanted to make some special entrance and to keep me waiting. Her dad handed me a glass of expensive fake champagne that tasted like apple juice and we made small talk at the bottom of the stairs.
'So what music are you into, Jack?'
I looked at him, his voice snapped me out of a trance.
'I like bands.'
'Oh like what?'
'Umm.. Greenday is a good one. Blink-182-'
'Here she comes!' Lydia's mom hustled everyone, including the photographer, to the bottom of the staircase.

Lydia floated down the stairs in a light yellow dress with diamonds covering her bust. They were probably real fucking diamonds.
'Ahem?' Lydia held out her hand and I took it.
'You look beautiful.' I muttered happily.
'I know.'
'Alright kids, pictures!'
We stood for about ten minutes on this stupid staircase having pictures taken, then we moved out into their garden and in front of the limo.

'Lydia, we're gonna be late.'
'No Jack, everyone else will be early.'
I sighed. I'm getting so fucking bored of hearing the words; 'lovely Lydia. Jack, stand up straight. Jack, smile.' Yadda yadda yadda. It was so damn tiring and I'm pretty sure they'd caught me yawning in about five photos.

'Alright honey, let's get in the limo!' Lydia got in first and I held up the back of her dress.

Thank god on the way to prom she sat there on her phone texting Jessica, who was also on her way there. I guess Jess was ignoring Alex as well, which he is most likely thankful for.

Alex's POV

Fuck. I'm twenty minutes late.
This girl is gonna kill me.

I ran downstairs and almost made it through the door without being seen, but my mom and sober dad were standing in the hall.
'Alex honey!'
My mom teared up. She's such a mom, I pulled her into a hug.
'We want copies of the photos with the girl, and get some taken with your friends and let me take a few now.'
She pulled out her camera and took a few snaps of me.

I was wearing a white shirt with a black tie, a leather jacket, black skinny trousers, black braces and black high tops. I wanted to make my outfit slightly personal with the leather jacket, which Jessica would probably get mad at me for.

My mom finally let me go, my dad gave me a handshake and I was off driving as fast as I could. Jessica was texting me constantly and when I arrived at her house, I saw a familiar car drive off in the distance. The hummer had arrived, so had the photographer and Jessica was standing on her front porch.
'Finally Alex!' She yelled at me and grabbed my arm.
'Put this on me.' She handed me a corsage. She was wearing a red dress and looked a bit like Cinderella.
As I put the corsage on her wrist she smiled sillily as the photographer snapped away. I smiled too, mainly because I pricked her a few times with the pin.

When we could finally get in the hummer, she sat on her phone the whole time texting her dumb friends. But whenever I took out my phone, she told me to stop texting my friends cause tonight was our night.

What the fuck?

We pulled up at prom the exact same time as a bright pink limo.

Fuck.
Jack's in that.

I got out of the hummer first, at the same time as Jack and we helped the girls out by lifting them down and making our way towards eachother.

Jack is fucking hot.
In a black tuxedo with a bow tie, he looked better than everyone.

Especially when he bit his lip and looked me up and down.

Soon enough we were surrounded outside by all of our friends and lots of people taking pictures, including photographers, newspapers, teachers and pupils. Jess was the captain of the cheerleader team, Lydia was co captain and Jack & I are lacrosse captains together so everyone wants to see what we're wearing. Dumb right?

'Alright people back it up!' Stiles said as he pushed the people off us. I guess he'd always wanted his special moment where he could be a bodyguard.
We walked through the doors, all of us giggling and laughing. Jess stood in front of me and fixed my hair and tie.
'You'll do.' She muttered.

Well shit.

Fuck you bitch, at least I don't look like tomato ketchup.

We got with our partners.
Jessica & me
Lydia & Jack
Stiles & Derek
Liam & Hayden
Rian & Catriona
Etc etc.

We neared the gym doors and entered a room full of sweaty bodies and cheap perfume.

This is gonna be great.