Chapter 17: Somewhere in Neverland

Jack's POV

The rest of yesterday had been a blur. All I can remember is we had to stay in the school for another 20 minutes just so Alex could cool down.

Why didn't he break up with her?

I mean, we couldn't probably be together anyway because I have Lydia, but still? Does he actually like her? He could love her.

But why did he kiss me? Twice?

My brain felt like it was swimming. I didn't know what to do, I was prepared to break Lydia's heart for him. Well, she could get another guy easily I mean she's incredibly beautiful but still.

I'm Jack Barakat. Heartbreaker.

Is Alex just playing around with me? Am I just a toy? I can't believe he'd do that. I sighed and dragged my sad little ass out of bed.

We had a game today.

If Jackson doesn't turn up or he causes any trouble, he's off the team for good. I would happily be punched again if it meant he would get kicked off the team. Alex can be mature and professional though, he'll probably pretend like nothing happened.

Should I ask Alex about what happened?
I don't even know what my sexuality is, I just know that when we made out yesterday I got such a fucking boner. I can't help it, Alex Gaskarth is giving me butterflies.

Alex's POV

I seemed so mean. I felt mean.
I have to be mean.
I have a plan, nobody else can know until prom. Only Scott knows.

I could be hurting Jack, but I really fucking hope not.

This is killing me as well.

For now, I'm gonna have to be mean to Jack. And also, he needs to break up with Lydia.

When I reached the school gates, Jess was standing there waiting for me. Jackson and his car where nowhere to be seen.

'Hey babe, are we good?' She looked slightly worried.
'Of course!' I lied.

Soon enough some of the boys came over and so did Lydia.
'Lex, are we still going to look for tuxes tomorrow?' Jack smiled sadly.
He's breaking my fucking heart.
'Yeah of course guys! I'll pick some of you up and the rest of you losers can meet us there.'
'Fair enough, where are we going?' Derek asked.
'I don't even fucking know what it's called, a boot or something.'
'A boutique, Lex.' Jack smiled sweetly at me. He's so fucking cute.
'Thanks, Jacky.'
'Okay come on Jacky, let's go to class!' Lydia said turning to Jack and yanking his arm. Jack stood still.
'Hey, only Alex calls me Jacky. Everyone else can call me Jack or Jacko.' He frowned.
'Okay then..' She looked confused, probably wondering why he'd gotten so worked up about a nickname.
We all broke up into our separate first class groups when the bell rang.

Jack, Lydia, Jessica, Liam, Hayden and me all had history together first. I sit with Jack usually, cause the girls just talk shit about makeup and bras.

Jack & I suddenly got into this discussion about Peter Pan, his eyes light up and he got so passionate. 'Some people say that the kids never grow up cause they're dead and Pete's taking them to heaven.'
'NOO!' Jack looked horrified and sad. 'He's a magical boy that can fly. End of story.'

I chuckled lightly and got back to my work. Jack just makes everything better. I decided it was time to tell him a personal story as the rest of the class worked quietly.
'Hey Jack, I remember one time Tom & I were watching Peter Pan and he started to pretend that he was Pete and he jumped off the sofa and pretended he was taking me to neverland. Then-'
'Mr Gaskarth.'
-he started doing this silly voice-'
'Mr Gaskarth!'
'-and I remember laughing so hard that water almost came out my nose.'
'Alex!'
'Yes?' I said politely to my teacher who was annoyed at me.
'Did you hear me telling you to stop talking?'
'I heard you say my name, and I was still doing my work.'
'I was trying to tell you to stop talking.'
'Why? You're talking. You interrupted me.'
'Go outside.'

Fuck sake.
I sighed and picked up my book.
'Fine but I'm taking my book with me so I can finish writing this sentence.'
I went outside, did as I said and took down the last sentence and then my teacher came outside and gave me a bitch face.

'What was that rudeness for?' I smiled, sighed and shrugged.
'Dunno.'
'Was your behaviour acceptable?'
I shrugged. I'm not in the mood for this.
'This is ridiculous. I can't believe I have you out here.'

THEN WHY AM I FUCKING OUT HERE

'Well you can talk over me so why can't I talk quietly and continue my work?'
'Sorry, do you think we're the same?'

What the fuck?

'Well, we are. Except for our genitals. And we have different roles.'
She rolled her eyes.
'Get inside that classroom and sit in silence.'
Pointless.

As I walked in, a few people held out their hands for high fives and fist bumps whilst others laughed, like Jack.

'I'm done with this.' I laughed as I wrote down what I'd missed.

Jack's POV

It was time for our lacrosse game. Other schools always came to play on our field cause ours was the best.

This game started earlier, so school finished at three and the game started at four.

We all headed down to the changing rooms and sat around talking for a little bit.

'So tomorrow, do we wear the same colour as our dates?'
'I think we get the same colour bow tie or some shit. If we fuck up then they can fix it for us.' We all shrugged. None of us knew what the fuck we were doing, except Derek. He was our style guru, but he wasn't gonna be with us tomorrow.

'Alright so I'll take Jack, Scott, Stiles and Liam in my car. Zack & Rian, you guys aren't going cause you have tuxes and your girlfriends are dragging you places right?
'Yup.' They nodded. They'd actually got some nice girls, unlike Alex & I.
Alex looked at the time on his phone. 'Alright guys, time to kit up.'
We all went off into our separate stations and got kitted up in our gear. Soon enough, the rest of the team started to file into the room, including Jackson. Shit. At least he was benched.

Before we went out onto the field, Alex pulled me away and gave me quick peck on the cheek. 'Good luck Jacky.' He smiled cheekily and strutted away.

What is he doing to me?