Chapter 33: Count the miles from you to me

Jack's POV

I sat in my seat nervously. I was in class without Alex, however I did have Stiles and Isaac to keep me company.

But he can't calm my nerves like Alex can.

All the guys that didn't have scars had written a deep secret on them.
Alex had scars.
Derek had wrote something about his family dying, and him being the only one left.
The list goes on and on.

'Why the fuck are people so stupid?' Isaac said quietly before raising his voice. 'We can hear you whispering about us.' He turned around in his seat and eyed up a few girls behind us.

I looked at Isaac's bare arms. He had bruises on his arms, a few scratches, some cuts and then a vertical scar on his wrist.

Stiles had a few cuts and scratches on his arms.

I guess today really was a learning experience and about being proud of ourselves.

'So Jack, what's your next class?' Isaac looked at me whilst biting on his pen.
'Uh, we have gym class.'
'Oh yeah.'

Our whole group had gym class together. Usually, cause we all play lacrosse, coach would just make us do laps or stretches.

Or just give us a free period. Depends on the mood he's in.

We sat in this boring class that happened to be about business and shit for twenty minutes before Stiles spoke.

'Knock knock?'
'Who's there?' Isaac and I said in unison.
'Wooden shoe.' Stiles smirked.
'Wooden shoe who?' We said again.
'Wooden shoe like to hear another joke?'
'Ughhhh.' We face-palmed.
'That was bad.' Isaac laughed.

When the bell rang we collected our stuff and walked towards the changing rooms together. Coach might just give us a dumb prep talk for tonight's game.

'Well well well.' For fuck sake Jackson, give it a rest. We all turned around to face him. Stiles bravely tried to stand in front of me.
'Boo.' Jackson spoke and Stiles hid behind me again.
'What do you want, Jackson?' Isaac clenched his fists.
'Did you see my facebook post?'
'Yeah, we did.' Isaac turned around to walk to class. 'See you in gym class.' Isaac dragged Stiles & I with him, ignoring every word that came out of Jackson's mouth.

'Hey.' Alex greeted me with a kiss as I entered the changing rooms. He still gives me fucking butterflies.

I heard Isaac whisper something to Derek that sounded like 'we had a run-in with Jackson.'

I brushed it off and sat down on Alex's knee. He wrapped his arms around me and bounced me on his knee like a baby. 'Goddammit Lex.' I laughed.

Ten minutes had passed, not many people had showed up for gym, including coach.

'Let's just gossip.' Liam spoke.
'Gay..'
'Shut the fuck up Rian.'

'So you're all here then.' Jackson entered the room with his dumb minions behind him. He grabbed me by the throat and slammed me up against a locker.

'So you all think you can mock me?'
'Back off, Jackson.' I spat in his face.

I looked down at Alex who was sitting on the bench, ready to pounce if Jackson tried anything else.

But Jackson did something shocking.

He fucking kissed me.

And then I felt the camera flash.

'Get the fuck off me!' I murmured into his lips, pushing him off and holding Alex back.

'Jackson, I think it's best if you left.' Stiles stood up.
Jackson doesn't like being challenged, so he punched Stiles in the face.

Derek straightaway shot up and pushed Jackson, knocking over three rows of lockers.

You wouldn't ever wanna mess with Derek.

Jackson's minions ran to help him up, and he came over to hurt Scott.

I don't know why, Jackson just doesn't like having a fight with one person.

He tried to kick Scott, but Isaac caught his leg mid-air and dragged him out of the changing rooms.
'Come on Jackson, let's go for a walk.'

Alex's POV

'What the fuck is his problem?' I spoke angrily, causing everyone to look at me.
'I-I- have no idea..' Jack stuttered. He looked like he was gonna have another panic attack so I grabbed his hand and took him away from our friends. They'd understand.

'Are you gonna have a panic attack, Jacky?' I took his face in both of my hands and looked at him.
'No.. Just hug me..'
I took him in my arms and held him as tightly as I possibly could.

I hated Jackson.
I hate the way he makes Jack feel.
I hate the way he angers people that are always happy.
He brings out the worst in me.
Why did all of this happen? Cause we kicked him off the team? Or just cause he needs someone to take his shit out on?

Our friends joined and surrounded us. Isaac came back into the changing rooms with a cut lip. He spat blood on the floor.

'Isaac, what happened?' Scott looked concerned.
'Trust me, he looks worse.' Isaac smirked.

'I feel like we all need to wear black leather shit and sunglasses and walk into school tomorrow in slow motion.' Liam said quietly whilst laughing.

'We need to do something.' Rian spoke up.
'Agreed.' We all said in unison.

'But it has to beat everything he's ever done. We need to dig up shit on him and expose him somehow.' I replied.

'How about graduation?' Liam bit his thumb.

'Too far away. We should arrange a dance or something.' Derek shrugged.

'Yeah, we could arrange a dance and say that the money goes to charity.' I spoke.

'Let's talk to coach about it tomorrow.' Coach was like our main advisor.

'Now we just need to find something to expose him for.' I groaned. I'm gonna lose it before this dance.

'Until then, we need to stay together at all times.'

'Agreed.'

'Bro hug!' Stiles yelled and pulled us all together.

This really is a great group of guys. I'd protect them all wth my life.

Especially Jack.

I've never felt this strongly about anyone before. I want to be with him all the time, protect him, hold him, kiss him.

I just want him to be safe.

I want all of us to be safe.