Chapter 28: Living in the radio

Alex's POV

Jack & I drove along the dusky streets of Baltimore in my car. Honestly, I had no idea what we were gonna spend this money on. But I knew what I was going to do with some of it.

'Jack, take this.'
'What?' He looked at me questingly.
I handed him the money.
'Why, Lex?'
'You've been saving up for a car for ages. Take it.' I took my head away from the road to smile at him.
Jack looked at the $200 in his hands. 'I can't take all of it. That would make a really boring date.' Jack took $100 of the money and put the rest on the dashboard of the car.

'Are we there yet?'
'Not yet Jacky.'
'Where are we going?'
'It's a surprise.'
'I wanna know.'
I smiled at the restless man child sitting next to me. 'Too bad.'

Jack got bored of waiting in the car next to me in silence, so he began to go through my CD's.

'You have a strange collection. You can go from greenday to Beyoncé and then from blink-182 to lady gaga.' Jack laughed.

'Don't judge me!' I said defensively.
'No it's cool, they're all my faves.' Jack leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek.

I still can't believe he's mine, after so much fighting to be together.

'Lex?'
'Yeess?'
'Do you think there's gonna be trouble when we go back to school?' I felt Jack look at me so I looked at him for a second before turning my head back to the road. He had slight fear in his eyes.
'Well Jacky, there's always gonna be trouble. Some people don't like gays, others just don't like us.' I sighed.
'I don't even know if I'm gay. I just know that I love you and the thought of anyone else having you hurts me.'
'I feel the same.' Jack placed his hand on mine.

Jack had decide to play Lady GaGa, and as he sat next to me singing Bad Romance, I fell more and more in love with him.

I do that a lot with Jack. He does small things that nobody else would notice, I don't even think he knows that I notice, and I just fall more in love with him. Every time he laughs, sings, dances, blushes.. I love him a little more. Especially when he speaks passionately about something and gets curious about things.

'Ugh fuck.' I mumbled.
'What's wrong?' Jack stopped singing.
'Jack Barakat, you have made me a lovesick puppy.'

Jack's POV

How can he make me blush?
He wouldn't love me if he knew my past.
One day I'll have to tell him everything, or I wouldn't be being honest to him or myself.

Maybe he just feels sorry for me.

No. Alex loves me. He wouldn't fuck around with me. Even though he already did..

I was snapped away from my bad thoughts when Alex spoke.
'We're here, Jacky.'

I looked out my window to see that we were at an amusement park.

'Oh my god.. No fucking way.' The bad thoughts melted away and I slipped into utter joy.

'Yes yes yes!' I chanted as I bounced of the car, waited for Alex then grabbed his hand and pulled him with me.

I stood bouncing like a child next to Alex in the line as we waited to pay.
'I'm glad this is a good first date idea.'
'It's great!' I grabbed his hand and gave him a peck on the lips.

A man in the line behind us made a disgusted noise, and he earned a smack on the arm from an elderly woman beside him. 'Leave them alone.' She whispered to him. 'Sorry mom.' He muttered.

I looked at Alex and tried to stop myself from laughing. Alex's cheeks blew up and I could see him desperately trying to hold his laughter in. 'Cutie.' I mumbled and put my head on his shoulder.

I love how Alex knows the words to pretty much every song.
Even as we were standing in line, music was playing lightly out of a speaker and he could sing along perfectly and sweetly.

Every time he sings my heart melts. He's so perfect.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out.

Shit.
A text from my dad.
I tried to put it back in my pocket before Alex saw it, but I was a slower reader than him.
'We need to talk when you get home.' Alex read out the text quietly.
'Well,' Alex sighed. 'It's a good thing you're not going home for a while.' He smiled.

When we finally got into the park, I grabbed Alex's hand and started pulling him around searching for a ride.

'Alex, I don't know what to ride first!'
Alex burst into pits of laugher. 'Ride me.' He said in between breaths.
'Oh shut up.' I pushed him lightly.

Then I saw it.

'Close your eyes!' Alex did as he was told and I lead him towards the perfect first ride.

The ghost train.

'Open them!' Alex opened his eyes when I had successfully and safety guided him into our cart.

'A ghost train?'
'Yeah! If you get scared, you can hold my hand.'
'Dick.' He smiled.

As skeletons, fire, the grim reaper, witches, goblins etc popped into our faces, Alex grabbed my hand and jumped every time something made a noise.

When we got off the ride, he smiled at me and was filled with energy and enthusiasm. Now it was his turn to drag me around the park and get on things.

We stood in line to get on a baby ride called 'the caterpillar' and when it came to our turn to get on, I waited for Alex to get into the cart before I ran off and left him there alone.

'Jack! I'm gonna kick your ass!'

As Alex went round three times on this kids ride, I died laughing. Especially when he pulled the melodramatic scared faces when the ride went over a bump.

As Alex got off the ride, he started to run towards me. I tried to run away, but he chased me and caught up with me eventually. He threw me over his shoulder and walked about.

'Nothing to see here.' As people looked at me squirming in Alex's arms.

'Let me gooooo!' I wailed like a child.

Alex put me down and we decided to get some food. I got a hot dog and so did Alex.

'You can guess we're gay.' Alex stated, making me laugh and spurt ketchup everywhere.

'Okay, where next?' Alex took my hand when we finished our food and cleaned up.

I eyes up a photo booth and we stepped inside. We took goofy cute photos, and when it came to the last photo on the last strip, Alex put his hand on my crotch.

And my face was photographed.

My boner face of shame.

Alex smacked my butt after we collected the photos and dragged me to a stand.

'I'm gonna win you a really girly teddy bear.' He eyed up a pink bear holding a red heart which read 'I love you'.

'Go for it.' I laughed.

Sure enough, he won the bear and gave it to me.

'You're cute.' I blushed at him.
'You're dumb.' He smiled and pecked my nose.

We went on a few other rides and almost threw up our hotdogs, and we saved the best for last.

The Ferris wheel.

We got it and looked all over Baltimore, and even made out a little bit when we reached the top.

Alex pressed our foreheads together.
'I love you.' He whispered.
'I love you too.'