Chapter 43: I feel like dancing - Part two

This is just a short chapter, more is coming very soon!x

Jack's POV

Well, here we go again.

Standing in front of my mirror dressed in smart clothes, waiting to be picked up.

I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a red t-shirt, a black blazer and black & red high tops. I feel pretty good about myself to be honest, getting a shower and putting on nice clothes really helps with my moods.

'Jack.. can I come in?' My mom timidly knocked on my door.

'Yeah!' I shouted back and smiled when she opened the door.

'Oh god, you look and smell great honey.'

'Thanks.' I smiled and walked towards her, as she held my hand.

'I'm so sorry I missed most of your childhood.' She said, sadly sighing.

'It's okay, you're here now. And I understand why you left, everything Dad told me about you was a lie.'

'Well, he couldn't really tell you the truth.'

'I guess.'

'So how are you getting to the dance?'

'Derek's picking us all up in the truck and we're gonna get there early to set up the lights and put out all of the food, but everything else is sorted.

'I'm proud of you, you've done well.' She smiled at me.

'We all have.' I smiled, looking at her and squeezing her hand.

Derek pulled up outside and beeped the horn and I made my way downstairs with my mom.

'Wait! I want pictures of you guys.' She chased after us, making all of us get in the back of the truck to take some pictures of us.

'Jack.. come look at this one.' I went and stood beside my Mom as she zoomed in on a picture of Alex, looking at me in complete awe.

'He's giving you the look.'

'Shut up.' I blushed, getting back into the truck.

'Bye boys, love you!'

'We love you too!' We all shouted as Derek drove away.

Alex's POV

So when we arrived at the school, we were completely wind-swept and our hair was ruined, but at least we had fun hanging out and being together.

'I'll get the lights and music set up.' Scott said as he jogged off, leaving the rest of us to set up the food and soda for everyone.

'Who wants to handle the tickets?'

'I'll do it.' Liam took the tickets out of my hands and walked off to a desk that we'd set up beside the entrance.

'Alright, we have ten minutes. People will be here soon, are we ready?' I shouted into the empty room.

'Yeah. I set out a pen and paper so people can write down the songs they want me to play.' Scott spoke into the microphone so we'd be able to hear him.

'People are arriving!' Liam shouted, sitting down at the desk.

'Alright, hit the lights and the music.' I smiled, squeezing Jack's hand.

'Let's do this.'