Chapter 21: I've given it all to you

Alex's POV

I sat in the back of the sociology class with my friends and Jack. Things were kind of.. Weird between me and him.

'How many of you have ever done something that you didn't want to do?' The teacher asked. Three kids raised their hands. Not including anyone in our friendship group.

'Okay, Kira, tell me what yours is.'
'I jumped out of a plane with my mom on her 40th birthday.'

Their conversation continued. I don't even know what the point is in this lesson, what's it teaching us? To make ourselves uncomfortable for science? Dumb.

'Right, listen up. Your homework assignment is to say yes to everything today. The losers have to copy out the dictionary, and the winners win a prize. I will be watching you guys all day, and I'll ask your other teachers to do it as well.'

That's crazy.

Some people got excited at the idea, I'll admit, it wasn't a bad one. It could be fun, and I could use it to my advantage.

All my guy friends were in this class so we all had to do it.

'Zack, do you wanna lick my nostril?' Derek teased.
'Gross! No-'
'Zack Merrick?'
'Yeah? Wait. Shit.'
'You've lost, here's your dictionary.'
'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?' Zack caught the dictionary and looked at Derek who was dying of laughter.
'Guys, we're just gonna basically play a massive game of dares all day today.' I said through my laughter.
'Pretty much.' Jack laughed and then looked at me quite sadly.

That was the first time he'd spoken to me since yesterday, when he pretty much broke my heart. Things between us now was just kinda sad.

'Stiles, wanna make out?'
'Derek, you literally don't even need to ask that question.'

And so they kissed. Some people still didn't understand gays, so they turned away and made 'ew' noises, but the rest of us smiled or cheered them on.

In the middle of class, our teacher got a phone call.

'Alex and Jack, you need to go to the changing rooms. It's something about a lacrosse kit being found and you need to find the owner?'

Goddammit. Being captain is great but sometimes we get the job of touching sweaty kits.

We did as we were told and strolled towards the changing rooms in silence, and it was empty when we entered. A bag with a lacrosse kit sat on a bench, I guess is what we need to identify.

'Jack.' My throat croaked as I spoke.
'Hm?' He muttered quietly without making eye contact.
'Do you wanna kiss me?'
He hesitated. 'Yes.' He whispered.
I moved towards him but he grabbed the kit and stormed out of the room, leaving me standing there alone.

Jack's POV

Its not my fault.

Alex can't keep messing around with me, I have a girlfriend. And so does he. It's just not fair. I could've given everything to him, but no. He'd prefer to have a girlfriend that sleeps with his team members. I heard footsteps behind me as I walked back into our classroom.

'Isaac, it's yours.' Isaac was a new kid and a new friend of ours.
'Thanks.' He smiled up at me and got back to his conversation with Rian. I faked a smile to a sad looking Alex and sat in my seat.

After a while of pretending to laugh at jokes I didn't actually hear, the bell rang.

I jumped up and ran out before anyone could follow me.

I didn't wanna be near Alex right now, but Stiles caught up with me anyway.
'What's up?' He asked, putting his arm around me
'Things are weird with me and Alex.'
'That's the consequence of being team captains, you won't always agree.'
'I guess..' Nobody can know the truth as to why I'm mad at Alex. Not yet, anyway.
'Hey! Barakat!' That voice is way too familiar.
'What?' I turned round to face Jackson. Stiles pulled out his phone and opened the group chat, something about meeting us beside the history classroom.
'I heard that you had to say yes to everything for a day.'
'Well done Jackson, you have ears.' I turned on my heel to walk away. Jackson grabbed my arm and turned me back around to face him and his two dumb friends. All I had for backup was Stiles, and his head was moving from side to side like someone watching a ping pong tournament.
'Barakat, do you wanna get punched?'
'No?'
'Aw. It's a shame that you have to say yes to everything for a day.' He threw a punch at me and I closed my eyes, but his first never hit me. It was caught mid air by Derek, who was now twisting his arm. Jackson's two minions ran off as soon as they saw Derek and Isaac, who were strong and totally built.

Scott was holding back a very angry looking Alex.

'Wow, good grip Derek.'
'Thanks, I have alot of practice holding Stiles' dick.'
Stiles choked. 'He makes that noise alot too.'

'I don't want to hear about your sex life.' Jackson muttered. He thinks he's fucking better than everyone.
'At least I have one.'
'Didn't you hear? I fucked Alex's girlfriend multiple times.'
'Fuck off, Jackson.' Alex said whilst still being held back by Scott and now Liam.
'Or what, Gaskarth? You gonna hurt me again?'
By now we had gathered quite a crowd.
'Lex, he's not worth it.' I looked Alex in the eyes, hoping to calm him down.
Jackson shot a glance towards me. 'I could fucking buy your ass.'
'That doesn't mean you're worth shit.' Stiles spoke up, clenching his fist.
Alex broke free from their grip and came towards me, dragging me out of the situation.
'What're you doing?'
'Keep walking.' Alex muttered.

I guess he didn't want me to be around any trouble. Soon after our friends caught up with us, nobody was breathless or covered in blood so I guess Jackson only liked to piss me off so he could get to Alex. All the mean guys ever want is a reaction, so from now on I'm gonna try to ignore his irritating ass.

'As soon as you left, Jackson muttered a few words then left to go join his coward friends.' Liam explained to us what had happened. I was right.
Myself, Alex, Derek, Stiles, Scott, Liam, Isaac, Zack & Rian were huddled outside under a tree.
'I thought he'd get bored when we left, that's why I dragged you out.'
'Thanks.' I smiled at him.
'Guys remember, no school tomorrow. Then I'll see all your dumb faces at prom.' Liam muttered.
'Anyone not have a date?' I asked.
Scott & Isaac shyly raided their hands.
'Why haven't you asked someone?'
'Well I did only get here like last week, dude.'
'And I just kept forgetting.'
'Well, you'll have to find someone on the night. Or go together.' I whispered the last sentence cheekily and everyone chuckled. Isaac slightly edged away from Scott.
'We still have to say yes to everything for a day but nobody's asked me to do anything.' Liam complained in a whiny tone.
'At prom, will you wear a bright pink tie?' Isaac teased him. I bet Liam regretted speaking now.
'Yes.' Liam said confidently.
'Derek, will you go over to that teacher, sniff his shoulder then walk away?'
Derek got up without hesitation and did as he was told. The teacher turned around just as Derek was walking away
'Have you guys voted for prom king and queen?' Rian asked, putting down his phone.
I groaned. 'Has that already started?'
'They've been campaigning for a while but I think they've started voting.'
We all groaned in unison.
I think we're all looking forward to prom a little bit, but I'd rather sleep and eat pizza.
'Lexy-woo, you gotta send us a picture of your hair when you get it cut.' I cooed at him.
'I'm getting it trimmed Jacky, I'm not getting a Mohawk.' He laughed.
A few cheerleaders walked past and shyly waved. We all blew them a kiss (looking very camp whilst doing so) and they all blushed and scuttered off.
'Damn I'm irresistible.'
Alex leaned back a bit too cockily and quickly, sending him straight onto the floor. We tried to contain our laughter as he struggled to get back up. Alex gave us a serious look and then started laughing himself.

He's so cute.

No.
I need to get rid of thoughts like this.

Alex Gaskarth can't be mine.