Our Friendship

Song: Ass Back Home (Gym Class Heros Cover) by Secrets

Chelsea

After Oliver and I made up, Bring Me The Horizon spent about a week recording a demo at Nicholls' house and then Thirty Days Of Night Records sent then to Nottingham to record a few songs for an EP. The two weeks it took them to record the EP was agonizing. Nottingham was almost an hour away from Sheffield and they were so busy that Oliver couldn't even come home for the weekend. I admit, I missed him, but I knew I should get used to this. Now that they were signed, they were going to be touring and that was going to be longer than two weeks. He called me everyday after school, which made me happy, but it wasn't the same as having him right next to me, so I was very happy that today they were coming home. I had no idea when they'll be leaving again, but all I knew was that I would be with Oli again.

As there was a knock on my door a smile curled on my face knowing it was Oli. I swung the door and was immediately pulled into a hug. "I missed you so much," Oli whispered into my ear. I had admit that he had definitely changed. He was the same Oliver I met a year ago again. I never needed to question his feelings for me anymore.

"I missed you, too," I replied quietly. We held onto each other for the longest time until he pulled away and cupped my face in his large hands. He planted a kiss on my lips. It was full of longing, like he waited the full two weeks he was away to do that.

"Ew, get a room," Joe exclaimed disgustedly as he walked by. We laughed as I realized that we were still standing in the hallway. I took him by the hand and led him into my room and we sat down on the bed together.

"So, how was Nottingham?" I questioned excitedly. While we had spent hours on the phone while he was gone, he hadn't really told me about recording and I was excited to find out what it was like.

"It was amazing. The studio was so awesome. I wish you could've been there. You would've loved it," he told me and continued to ramble on about what it was like to be in the sound booth and how he loved the way the songs sounded.

"I can't wait to hear everything," I told him smiling. I was so proud of him. He was finally living his dream. I had learned to push my doubts out of my head and just be happy for him.

"I have one of the songs on my phone. You wanna listen?" he asked. He pulled his phone out of his pocket without waiting for an answer. I guess he already knew I was going to say yes.

I plugged my earbuds into the bottom of his phone and put them in my ears. He hit the play button and the sounds of his screaming filled my ears. "This is what the edge of your seat was made for, Holding on, nothing to lose, This is what the edge of your seat was made for, And this..." It was the song that I had read in his notebook. I smiled in memory of that day. It felt like it had been forever ago.

"It's that song that I read in your notebook last year," I said when the song stopped. I couldn't help but think that I had been right when I had told him the song would sound amazing with the band.

"Yep. Did you like it?" he questioned hopefully. Even if I had hated it I would've said I loved it because there was just no way I could disappoint that face, but there was no need for lying. It was really good.

"I love it. You guys all sound amazing," I replied truthfully. No matter what I had thought before, it didn't matter because of that look in his eyes. He looked so genuinely happy.

He wrapped me in a big hug and hugged back. Oliver literally gave the best hugs. I might just be saying that because I was never hugged as a kid, but I always felt so... loved when he had his arms around me. I felt safe.

Oliver

Lee had decided we needed to have a we-just-finished-recording-our-first-EP celebration. Or at least that was he description of his idea. Anyway, it was just going to be us, Chelsea, Tom, and Nicholls' new girlfriend that he had met in Nottingham. Yes, we were there two weeks and he somehow managed to meet a girl. Her name was Dani. She was really nice. It turned out that she actually lived in Sheffield and was in Nottingham visiting her friend, which made Nicholls very happy.

Chelsea and I arrived at Nicholls' house after everyone else. We had been at her house for awhile talking about the last two weeks and lost track of time.

"Hey, guys," Curtis greeted as we walked in. Chelsea of course had to give him and everyone else a huge hug since she hadn't seen them in two weeks. They hugged her back obviously having missed her just as much as I had.

"You're gone two weeks and you get a girlfriend, Nicholls?" Chelsea asked, pulling away from their extra long hug. Those two were so close now. Probably closer than him and me.

"What? You don't think I'm good enough to get a girl in two weeks?" he responded, pretending to be offended. She just gave him a look as if to say 'you said it not me.' He hit her playfully on the shoulder, causing a look from Dani. I hoped she knew that Chelsea and him were just really good friends and nothing more.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Chelsea," Chelsea said, turning her attention to Dani who was sitting on the couch. Dani had long wavy red hair and blue eyes. She was really pretty, not that it mattered to me, and seemed to really like Nicholls, which was all that mattered.

"Dani," she replied, giving Chelsea a smile as she grabbed a chip from the bowl in the middle of the room. Chelsea took a seat next to me and grabbed some chips herself.

We spent most of the evening talking about the EP until Chelsea said she should get going because it was a Sunday night meaning she had school the next day. I saw Dani get this weird look on her face when Chelsea said something about school. I guess she was just surprised that she was younger than us. Chelsea did look older than she was. I told the guys that I would be back as soon as I dropped Chelsea off and they chorused their goodbyes.

"God, I can't wait till I'm out of school," Chelsea sighed as she got into my car. I could tell she wanted to stay, but her dad would get mad about if she did.

"Yeah, but then you're just gonna go to University," I reminded her. She was such a good writer that if she ever said she changed her mind about being an author, I would be upset. She let me read one of the stories she wrote and it was really well written. It was one of those romantic fiction books like the ones she liked to read, so I didn't care for the plot, but she was a really good writer.

"I know, but hopefully by then I'll have a bit more freedom," she responded as she buckled her seatbelt and I started the ignition. The only downside to her living at her father's house was that he cared and had a lot more rules than her mum.

"Just two more years, love," I told her as I coasted down the streets to her house. She now lived a bit farther away, but I actually was kind of glad as it meant I got to spend more time when taking her home.

I parked in front of her house a few moments later. "I'll see you, Oli," she told me, undoing her seatbelt. She gave me a cute little smile.

"I'll pick you up from school tomorrow," I told her as she let her lips land on mine. It was just a quick peck, but I loved how she kissed me every time she got out of the car.

She hopped out of the car and as she walked up to her door, I couldn't help thinking that I had never been happier. Between having an amazing girlfriend, having awesome friends, and being in a signed band, I couldn't have been more content with my life.