It Beats For Two

Song: Kiss And Tell by You Me At Six

Chelsea

"What are you listening to?" Austin asked just as I was about to pull my earbuds out. He sat down next to me at his desk and gave me smile. We had become really good friends since we had met two weeks ago.

"Uh, Slipknot," I replied, not really expecting him to have heard of them. I was pretty sure I was the only person in this school that like metal now that Oliver left. Well, besides that girl with the Bring Me The Horizon shirt.

"I love them! What's your favorite song by them? Mine's Purity," he exclaimed. He obviously hadn't met too many people who like them either since he seemed so excited.

"Wait and Bleed," I respond just as enthusiastically. I had finally found someone else to talk about music to and it felt nice.

"That's a really good one, too, but let's be honest, all their songs are amazing," he told me, still grinning. I let out a little chuckle and nodded my agreement.

We talked about music until the bell rang signaling class was beginning. Our english teacher decided to give us a shit load of homework. I really did not like our teacher. She was a stuck up bitch to be honest. She was one of those teachers who had her favorites, too. She really bugged me.

"Hey, Chelsea, do you wanna do the homework together after school?" Austin questioned as we walked out of class together. He had a hopeful look in his eyes that told me he really needed help.

"Yeah, sure. You wanna come over after school?" I asked. Austin had yet to come to my house. I guess I still had a hard time letting people in.

"Sounds cool. I meet you at the main entrance after school then," he responded, flicking his head to side to get the hair out of his face before walking off to his next class. I watched him walk away thinking about how cute it was when he did that. I let out an aggravated sigh. Why did I have to find him so attractive? I had Oliver and I shouldn't be thinking anyone but him was good looking, but here I was thinking that my new friend was cute. I pushed all my thoughts out of my head and dashed to my next class.

As the last bell rang, I made my way to the front entrance as quick as I could. My last class was pretty far away from the front and didn't want to keep Austin waiting. "Hey," he greeted when he saw. He gave me a sweet smile and we headed out of the building. Austin followed me obediently since he usually took a bus and he had no idea how to get to my house from school. Even though I moved in with my dad, I still didn't get a bus which I was happy about.

We talked about school a bit and before I knew it, we were home. "Hi, Chelsea," Abby greeted. I walked into the kitchen to find her looking at the grocery store ad and making her shopping list. "And who is this?" she questioned when she saw Austin.

"This is my friend Austin. We were gonna do homework together if you don't mind," I replied. I hadn't thought to call and ask if it was ok for Austin to come over. It was for school so I was hoping she wouldn't mind.

"Of course I don't mind. It's nice to meet you, Austin. I'm Chelsea's stepmother. You can call me Abby," she told Austin who stuck out his hand. She gratefully shook his hand with a smile. It was like Austin was trying to impress her or something. Why he cared if his friend's parents liked him was beyond me. I could care less if Nicholls mum liked me, which she did, but I didn't really care much.

"It's nice to meet you, too," he responded as she let go of her hand. She soon told us to go get started on our homework and we headed upstairs.

As soon as he stepped into my room, his eyes danced from wall to wall taking in all the posters. His eyes stopped once he landed on my skull photo collage. I had finally finished right before the boys left, but there was always room for more pictures in the future.