Goodbye, My Friend

Song: Congradulations by Sleeping With Sirens Featuring Matty Mullins

Chelsea

All too soon it was June 18th, which was the last official day of school and Nicholls, Matt, Lee, and Curtis' graduation. Oli and I were obviously going. While I was happy for them and beyond proud of them, I had been dreading this day. This year had went by way too fast and I couldn't imagine them not being there next year. While I would definitely be happy having Oli all to myself at lunch, I was going to miss my friends. I really hated change.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my bedroom door over the sounds of Slipknot coming from my laptop. I paused the music and opened the door to find Oliver standing there. "Your mum told me to come get you," he explained after giving me a peck on the lips. I nodded and grabbed my phone. "Ready?" he questioned looking me up and down. I had chosen black jeans with my boots and the same shirt I wore on Valentine's Day. I had curled my hair and done a simple makeup look. I knew he liked this shirt for some reason and he told me before that he loved my hair curled.

"Yep," I responded, feeling a blush form on my face because of the way he was looking at me. He looked just about ready to skip the graduation and stay here.

We went outside and climbed into his car. He drove to where the graduation was being held and parked. We got out and were almost immediately greeted by Mrs. Nicholls.

"I'm glad you two could make it. I'm sure Matt's happy you're here," she greeted us. She gave us a warm smile. "Your more than welcome to sit with us," she added.

We agreed and sat followed her and Mr. Nicholls inside. We found pretty good seats and Mr. Nicholls pulled out his video camera. I had to chuckle, but I knew they were just proud of their son. I would probably be doing the same thing when I had kids.

After a lot of cheering and Mrs. Nicholls crying when Nicholls was called, the ceremony came to a close and everyone made their way outside for pictures. We quickly found Nicholls, Matt, Lee, and Curtis.

"Congratulations, guys!" I exclaimed, running up to them. I gave each of them a huge hug which they all gladly excepted. I still could barely believe that they were out of here. They were free of school; they were done. They could get out of this fucking town and never come back if they wanted. I already knew that was what I wanted. After I graduated, I never wanted to see that terrible house again.

"You guys wanna go celebrate?" Mr. Nicholls questioned. They guys all went to go get their families who all agreed to come with us. I had never met most of their parents so there were a lot of awkward introductions.

"Wait, before we go, can I get a picture of the six of you together?" Mrs. Ward asked hopefully. We all groaned but got together for Mrs. Ward's picture which ended up being a photo op for all the parents. This wasn't even my graduation and I was posing for pictures!

After the parents were happy with their twenty thousand pictures, we headed to the restaurant that the guys had picked. They ended up not having a table big enough for all us since we were a pretty big group so the families sat at one table and we sat at another. 

"Did Oli tell you about the show we're playing tomorrow night?" Curtis questioned after we order. He had this grin on his face that told me that this show was important.

"No, he didn't," I replied looking at Oliver in shock. I was usually the first one to find out about any show BMTH played. They had ended up playing quite a bit of local shows over the last few months and I had been on the front row for all of them.

"Sorry, I forgot," Oliver apologized with a shrug. I wasn't mad it him, I was more excited to find out about this show. He casually took a sip of his Coke.

"Well, there's gonna be this label there that's supposedly looking for new bands and they heard some of our stuff on the internet and seem interested in signing us," Nicholls informed me with a wide smile. They all looked so excited. I had never seen five guys smile so much.

"Oh my God! Why didn't you fucking tell me?!" I questioned, hitting Oliver lightly. He gave me a look as if to say sorry and I just shook my head at him. "What label?" I added curiously.

"Thirty Days Of Night Records. There a new label and if they sign us we'd be the first signed to them," Lee answered. This was big. How could Oli 'forget' to tell me?

"Guys, that's awesome!" I exclaimed. I felt myself smile. I couldn't believe the people I loved most seemed to have a chance at living their dreams. I have never been more happy for anyone in my life. They truly deserved this.

Oliver

I took a deep breath as I heard Nicholls start beating on the drums. I had never been so nervous in my life. It felt like the butterflies in my stomach were having a party and I was just hoping that my sweaty hands wouldn't drop my microphone. If we got this record deal, I would be the happiest person on earth, but this meant I had to give this show my best because representatives from the label were standing in that crowd. 

Lee, Curtis, and Matt all headed onstage and finally it was my turn. I ran onto the stage to see a large crowd. They were all bobbing their heads to the music. As I started to scream into the mic, I spotted Chelsea in the front row and she gave me a reassuring smile. She knew how nervous I was and she of course told me there was nothing to worry about because we were great, but she was my girlfriend; she was suppose to say that.

The show went smoothly surprisingly. I was almost certain that since we were so nervous, we'd end up screwing up, but we didn't. Maybe it was just because anytime I remembered that there were people here that might want to sign us, I would just look at Chelsea and she we give me a grin or a thumbs up and I would feel alright again.

We ran off stage sweaty and hyper. I'm pretty sure I downed about ten Monsters before going onstage and they hadn't quite worn off yet. After we had dried off, we headed to the lobby to meet Chelsea. I was so glad she had been there tonight. I don't think I could've done it without seeing her beautiful face in the crowd. 

As we walked, I quickly spotted Chelsea's long black hair. I practically ran up to her and slung an arm over her shoulder. She looked around and smile when my face got close to hers. As our lips met, I felt a smile curl onto my lips. Why was it that I always felt happiest right after I came off that stage? I wished we could play every night.   "You guys were great," Chelsea told me when she pulled away. She looked up at me with that huge beautiful smile that practically took my breath away.

"Well, let's hope the label felt the same way," I heard Matt mutter behind. Way to ruin my happiness, Matt.

"If they don't sign you guys on the spot, there's something wrong with them," Chelsea told him. I could tell she was being honest. She told me all the time how talented we were. Though, I always denied it, she argued that she could definitely see us getting pretty big.

I could tell Matt was about to say something, but he was cut off by some guy. "You guys were awesome tonight," the guy told us with a grin on his face. He looked to be around our age maybe a bit younger. I saw Chelsea shot Matt a look as if to say 'look what I mean.'

"Thank you," I replied, happy to see that we had at least one fan other than Chelsea and our families. This was our first fan I had met. To be honest, I never really thought about actually meeting people who liked our music.

We ended up talking to the guy a bit longer. It turned out that he was freshman at our school and was here with his friends. It was weird thinking that someone that went to our school knew about us and thought our music was good. So, I guess Chelsea was right. We did have the potential to be big one day.