Born Again

Song: Life Of A Salesman by Yellowcard

Chelsea

When I woke up the next morning, I was still on the couch with my head on Oliver's chest. I was surprised he hadn't left after I fell asleep. I was thankful he didn't though. I don't know if I could face my dad alone after last night. As I stood up from the couch and stretched, I felt my bones crack, causing me to wince. I walked into the kitchen to find Abby already starting on breakfast.

"Good morning, honey," she greeted, giving me a warm smile. She was always so sweet in the morning. I had no idea how she did it.

"Good morning," I replied, returning her smile. I grabbed a plate of pancakes and some syrup and sat down at the table. Besides Abby always being happy in the mornings, she never seemed to fail at making an amazing breakfast.

"I talk to your father last night. He's still upset, but he promised me he would at least try to hide it. He needs to be supportive of you even if he doesn't agree and Oliver is an awesome guy. I'm glad you found someone who loves you so much at such a young age and I'm happy for you two," she told me, sitting down across from me at the table. The last part of what she said made me smile. Oli was an amazing guy and I was glad that he was this baby's father.

"Thank you," I replied as Oliver came in to the kitchen. His smile told me he had heard what Abby had said about him.

"Good morning, Oliver," Abby greeted, getting up to get Oliver some breakfast. He sat down next to me and Abby slid his plate onto the table.

"I hope you don't mind that I slept over," Oliver said as Abby sat back down. I knew Abby wouldn't care. She adored Oliver.

"Of course I don't mind. You're always welcome here, Oliver," she responded, sending him a warm smile. Then, Joe came running into the kitchen. He grabbed another plate and piled it high with pancakes. We all knew he would eat one or two and then asked to be excused. His eyes were always bigger than his stomach.

"Hi, Oliver," Joe greeted as he sat down at the table. He then attempted to cut up his food. He was terrible using a knife.

"Hey, Joe," Oliver responded. I had to hand it to Oliver, he was always really good with Joe. Not every guy would love their girlfriend's eight-year-old brother, but Oliver had always been really nice towards him.

Then, the last person I wanted to see entered the room. My father grabbed the last plate of pancakes and took the last seat at the table. Fortunately, we had one extra seat that Oliver always used when he came over. Unfortunately, the seat was across from me.

"Chelsea, I'm sorry I got so angry with you last night," he apologized. I wanted to say it was ok, but it wasn't. It wasn't ok that he had yelled at me. When I didn't say anything, he continued. "It's all just a bit to take in and you two are so young and you have so much ahead of you. I know that there's nothing anyone can really do about it, but that doesn't mean you two couldn't have prevented it from happening to begin with, but I'm going to support you through this," he said with a sigh. Joe was looking very confused while Abby was looked very pleased.

"Thank you, Dad," I replied, looking down at my food. Though I was glad he realized he was wrong, I knew he still wasn't happy with me.

"Why were you mad at Chelsea, Daddy?" Joe questioned, cocking his head in confusion. I groaned innerly. This should be interesting.

My dad looked across the table at me as if waiting for me to answer my brother. "I'm pregnant, Joe," I answered, letting a sigh escape my lips.

"But, you're not married," Joe said, stating the obvious. This time it was my turn to look at my dad and wait for him to answer Joe.