Traitors Never Play Hang-Man

Song: Traitors Never Play Hang-Man by Bring Me The Horizon

Chelsea

It was finally the weekend and I was in dire need of some time off from school even though I had taken Tuesday off. This week had been...interesting to say the least. The best thing about this week being over was that my mum was leaving that night to go on a holiday with some of her friends and wouldn't be home until next Sunday, which meant it would be just me and hopefully Oliver if he wasn't busy. I decided to walk to his house on Saturday. I needed so fresh air and no one was there to stop me, so I figured what the hell.

I had a nice leisurely stroll to his house and knocked on his door when I arrived. His mum opened the door and gave me a warm smile. "Chelsea! How nice to see you. Oli's upstairs in his room if you wanna go up. Just leave the door open for me, love," she told me, stepping aside to let me.

"Thank you," I told her returning her smile. I walked up the flight of stair resisting the urge to run. I didn't have trouble finding Oliver's room. It was painted black and had a large collage of a bunch of his favorite bands on it. I doubted he had made it himself. He didn't seem very artsy in that way.

I knocked on the door and after what felt like an eternity, he opened it. I was more than a tad bit excited to see him. "Chelsea!" he exclaimed, obviously a bit shocked to see me on the other side of the door.

"Hey. Your mum sent me up here," I told him . He stepped aside to let me in leaving the door open. It must be a rule in this house that if the opposite gender was in the room the door was left opened. I guess his parents actually cared about him while my mum didn't give a shit.

I looked around at all his posters and CDs. I smiled as I recognized most of my favorite bands. He gestured for me to sit down and I did as I was told. "So what's up?" he questioned after we were settled on bed. 

"My mum left yesterday to go on a holiday so I thought I'd come over. It's kinda boring without her yelling at me," I joked, making him crack a smile. We sat there for a moment before I noticed he was holding a composition notebook. 

"What's that?" I asked, taking it out of his hands just like he had done to me on the first day of school. I saw him blush but I opened the book anyway. The first page was titled 'Traitors Never Play Hang-Man' and underneath words were scribbled in messy handwriting. It read: 

This is what the edge of your seat was made for,

Holding on, nothing to lose,

This is what the edge of your seat was made for,

And this,

This is what the back of your hand was made for,

Stolen apologies,

Stolen apologies, you,

You're a traitor to my heart,

You're a traitor to us all,

Forsaken,

This over indulgence of conciseness,

Has torn a day apart,

And lingered in the splendor,

Of the feeling in my stomach,

Trailing down the shadow of cupped hands,

Covering my face,

I wait for what I have to do,

Forsaken,

We're all movie stars,

(And I'm speaking these words)

(And I'm talking to the mirror)

You're a traitor to my heart,

You're a traitor to us fucking all,

I don't want to kiss anyone,

I don't want to kiss anyone but you,

I fucking love you

"Did you write this?" I questioned, looking over at him with a small smile. The blush on his face deepened. He was so cute. 

"Yeah. Do you like it?" he asked uncertainly. He had told me he wanted to be in a band but had never told me that he wrote music, too. 

"I love it," I exclaimed excitedly. "This is going to make an amazing song. Especially with the band," I added. I couldn't believe he was such a good writer. He didn't seem like the type for some reason. 

"Thanks," he told me still a bit embarrassed. "So how long will your mum be gone?" he questioned changing the subject quickly. I continue to flip through his book even though I could tell he wanted me to stop.

"Next Sunday," I answered, skipping over a page labeled RE: They Have No Reflections. Every song I had looked at seemed amazing. This is why I couldn't wait until he and the rest of the band finally started to play together. I could tell it was going to be awesome.

"Where did she go?" he questioned. I answered by shrugging. She had just said she was going away with friends and I hadn't cared where she went. 

Suddenly, his phone lit up with a text. "Oh, shit. I forgot I told the guys that I was free to practice today," he told me after reading the text. Though I wanted him to have fun and be in the band, I did kind of want to spend time with him today. He looked over at me slowly. "You wanna come watch?" he questioned with a grin.

Oliver

"Sorry I'm late," I apologized as Chelsea and I walked down the steps to Matt N's basement. "Do you guys mind if Chelsea watches us?" I asked. I felt bad for bringing Chelsea unannounced, but the guys all seemed to like her so I didn't think she's much of a problem.

"No, of course we don't mind," Lee replied, shooting her a welcoming smile. Matt N told Chelsea she could sit on one of the couches and we got to work. 

It turned out we all had our own ideas. I was the only one who had written any lyrics, but everyone had something they had put together that sounded cool. After a few hours, Matt N's mom came down with snacks and Cokes. We all thanked her and I saw her walk over to talk to Chelsea.

"How about this?" Curtis asked, strumming on his guitar. We all nodded enthusiastically when he was done, but I was more concentrated on what Mrs. Nicholls was saying to Chelsea.

"Are you one of the boys' girlfriends?" I heard her ask Chelsea. I was suddenly so interest in her answer that I tuned out the rest of the guys.

"Well, kinda. We're not...uh...together yet. We just met, like, a week and a half ago," she explained, sounding a little uncertain. That means she wants to be my girlfriend, right? It sounded like she wanted us together.

"Which one?" Mrs. Nicholls questioned curiously. The guys had started on a drum part, but I was really only half listening. 

"Oliver," I heard her reply and saw her point me out to her out of the corner of my eye. Right then, I just wanted to run up to her and give her a big kiss for some reason, but I knew that was out of the question.

About another hour later, we decided to call it a day. We had almost written a full song and I was pretty proud of our work. I walked Chelsea home, the whole way holding her hand.

"So what do you think about what we have so far?" I asked her. Her opinion was so important to me and it was always good to have an extra set of ears to listen to things.

"I really liked it," she replied, looking up at me with a smile. Her smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

"I'm glad you like it," I told her as we arrived at her house. I gave her a quick kiss goodbye and walked the rest of the way. Today had truly been one of the most successful and rewarding days of my life. Finally all of dreams were coming true. 

I was finally part of a band and I had an amazing girl that wanted to be my girlfriend. What else more did I need?