So Sorry Lover

Song: Too Much by All TIme Low

Chelsea

I picked up the test with my eyes closed not sure if I even wanted to know the result. This next moment could possibly change my life forever. If I was pregnant, nothing would be the same. I would be a fucking mother. I was so not ready for that kind of the responsibility. How was I expected to take care of another human being when I was only fifteen? I took a deep breath before letting myself open my eyes. I cautiously looked down at the piece of plastic in my hands. I felt a small smile appear on my face as looked at the tiny screen. On it a minus sign had appeared. I heaved a huge sigh of relief. I wanted to cry out in happiness and do a happy dance, but I contained myself.

"Are you ok in there?" I heard Oli ask from the living room. He was probably wondering what was taking me so long to simply read a pregnancy test.

"Yeah," I replied walking out of the bathroom. I walked back into the living room still smiling. Everything was going to be fine. My life wasn't changing anytime soon. "It's negative," I announced. He let out a his own sigh of relief.

"HALLE-FUCKING-LUJAH," he exclaimed, standing up and throwing his hands up in the air. I tried not to let my smile falter. Yes, I was happy there wasn't a baby inside of me, but he could've been a bit more sensitive to my feelings. His reaction made me feel like he wouldn't have loved me as much if we had a baby together.

"God, could you me any less excited?" I muttered my smile fully falling. I couldn't believe he was so insensitive. Would he have left me if I was pregnant?

"What? You wanted a baby?" he questioned in astonishment. He furrowed his brow looking confused. 

"No. Of course not, but it would be nice to know that if it was positive you would have been ok with it," I told him, my voice raising. He could have at least held back his happiness a bit.

"Ok with it? How would I have been ok with out? We're still in high school! We are nowhere near ready to be parents!" he yelled right back. God, he was not helping. I wished he had said the exact opposite of what he had just told me.

"So what? You wouldn't have even tried to be a good parent if I was pregnant?" I asked loudly. I was already upset about the whole situation and he was not making me feel better.

"Why should I have to try? We're fucking teenagers, Chelsea! No seventeen year old should have to try to be a good father!" he shouted. His eyes were filled with anger.

"Why should you try?! Because it would be your fucking kid, too! What would you have left me if I was pregnant?" I screamed. As soon as I said it, I wished I could take it back even though it was the only thought running through my head. As soon as it left my mouth, his face softened, though. 

"No, of course not. I wouldn't do that to you," he whispered. He came closer to me and wrapped me in a hug. "I would never leave you," he murmured into my hair. I hugged him back and suddenly felt tears well up in my eyes. I let them flow freely not caring how wet the got Oli's shirt. I just felt so drained. It had been such a long day and I hated fighting with Oliver. To be honest, we hadn't really had a fight like that before. There had never been a time before where I just wanted to yell at him like that, but I guess there's a first for everything.

Oliver

I just held her as she cried. Did she really think I would leave her if we had a baby together? Why had I been so insensitive in the first place? I mean, it was obvious that no one my age would want a kid, but I could have hid the happiness a bit. It didn't help that she seemed worked up before I even said anything. I rubbed her back soothingly and kissed the top of her head. Why was I such a dick? If I lost her, I would be lost. She had become my everything over the last two months. Without her, I knew I wouldn't be happy

"I'm sorry, babe," I whispered. I liked that I could call her baby and babe. I had never had someone to call 'babe' or my girlfriend before and it felt really nice.

She didn't say anything at first so I just kept rubbing her back and hoping she would stop crying. I hated seeing her cry.

She looked up at me and sniffled. I used my thumb to wipe away some of her tears trying not to smear her makeup. She put her hands on my chest and gave me a small smile.

"You're too beautiful to cry, Chels," I told her making her face go red. She looked down obviously embarrassed. I wish she would realize how gorgeous she was. "And maybe one day we'll have a baby when we're older and preferably married and ready to be parents," I told her, putting my fingers on her chin and lifting her face up so she was forced to look at me.

"You wanna get married someday?" she asked obviously shocked. Her cheeks were still wet from tears even though she had stopped crying and her eyes were now puffy.

"I would love to marry you one day," I replied, causing her to smile. For some reason, I knew she was the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. I couldn't imagine living without her.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," she apologized after a few moments. She looked back down. The look in her eyes was pained and I wish I could just make her happy again.

"Don't be. I was wrong. I shouldn't have said what I did and I'm sorry," I told her. Even if I still thought I was right, I probably would have still told her I was wrong. I just wanted her to stop looking so upset.

She didn't argue with my apology. She just laid her head on my chest. "I love you so much, Chelsea," I whispered into her ear. A small smile appeared on her face; that amazing smile that I longed to see.

"I love you, too, Oli," she replied. She closed her eyes and I gently rocked us back and forth. We stayed like that for a few moments and I wasn't complaining about it. I loved the feeling of her in my arms. It felt so right.

"You wanna watch a movie or something?" she questioned suddenly causing me to chuckle. "My mum won't be home until six," she added. I think she sensed how awkward I had made things with her mum.

"That sounds lovely," I replied. I let her pick out the movie since I was still feeling like an asshole. She picked out The Notebook and I didn't complain even though I wanted to. We cuddled on the couch as she watched intently. She rested her head on my chest and I played with her hair. I could barely take my eyes off of her. She just looked so content and happy and in my opinion she looked most beautiful when she had a smile on her face.