You're Voice Makes My Heart Skip Beats

Song: The End Of The World Party by I See Stars

Chelsea

I woke up on the morning of April 24th with a smile on my face. It was one of those rare occasions that I actually felt happy about waking up at 6AM to get to school. The reason was it was my birthday and Oliver said he had an 'amazing surprise' for me. I quickly got a shower, got dressed in my favorite As I Lay Dying t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and my combat boots, and did my makeup. When I was satisfied with the way I looked, I ran downstairs and grabbed a bowl for my cereal. I poured the frosted mini wheats in and watched as they swam in a white ocean of milk. I finished my breakfast as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to see my mum before I left and dashed out the door.

Oli was already waiting for me on the corner his hands behind his back. When he saw me, he grinned. "Happy birthday, love," he greeted, handing me a gift bag that he had been holding behind his back.

"What's this?" I questioned curiously. I took the bag from him and peered through the ton of tissue paper he had used. It was a fairly small and with all the tissue paper, I was guessing the item was pretty small.

"Obviously your birthday present," he responded. He looked so eager for me to open that there was no way I could keep him waiting any longer. I reached my hand in the bag and pulled out a small box. It was one of those boxes that they put jewelry in. I opened the box to reveal a small silver infinity sign on a chain. 

"I love it, Oli. Thank you," I told him, smiling. I usually wasn't huge on jewelry, but I actually really like it. Maybe it was just because it came from him, but I really did love it. "Put it on for me?" I questioned, taking the necklace out of box and handing it to him.

"Of course," he replied as I turned around. It took his large hands a few moments to open the tiny clasp, but after a minute he got it on successfully and then kissed my cheek. "I love you," he whispered in my ear.

I turned around and let my lips crash into his. We might have been standing on a street corner, but to me it felt like we were the only two people in the world.

"We should probably get to school," he said after pulling away. I pouted not wanting to stop. To be honest, I never wanted to stop kissing him.

He walked off and I reluctantly followed. I slipped my hand in his and interlocked our fingers. I was suddenly reminded of the first time we had walked to school together and how I had wished he would just leave. If I could've seen into the future, I would have definitely been surprised about how much I loved him now.

"Whatcha thinking about, beautiful?" he questioned before kissing the top of my head. I smiled up at him. I really had never been so content with my life as I had been the last eight months.

"How I hated you when we first met," I responded, causing him to chuckle. It seemed so silly now. I had been to busy wanting to be alone to realize how sweet of a guy Oliver was.

"A lot's changed since then," he commented, moving a bit closer to me. "I love you," he added. It wasn't even 8 in the morning and he had already told me that twice. How had I found such a great guy? 

*********************

"Happy birthday, Chelsea," Nicholls exclaimed, running up to our usual table at lunch. He gave me a tight hug. A very tight hug.

"Thank you, Nicholls, but I can't breathe," I told him, gasping for air. He let go of me smiling and sat down. After all this time, I had become closest with him out of all the guys except Oliver of course. Nicholls was definitely my best friend.

"Got anything planned for tonight?" Matt questioned, giving Oli and me a suggestive eyebrow raised. I could feel my cheeks turn bright red.

"You know what we have planned, asshole," Oli replied, slapping his arm playfully. Was I the only one left in the dark about what Oli had planned for tonight?

"Oh, that's right," Matt mumbled, taking a bite of his lunch. Everyone was grinning at me like they really wanted to tell me what the surprise was, but Oliver would kill them if they did, so they were keeping their mouths shut. This was definitely going to be good.

Oliver

I picked Chelsea up right on time. She looked beautiful as always. I noticed she was wearing the necklace I had given her. I was really happy she liked it. She barely wore necklaces, but for some reason I had thought of her when  I had picked it up. 

I had only drove to her house so she would think we were going somewhere farther away even though we were just going to my house. I had decided to go simple for this one. I had just gotten all the guys to come over my house and we were pretty much just going to hang out for a few hours. My parents had agreed to go out as long as they could 'trust us to not get too crazy.' I had invited Tom since Chelsea seemed to have made friends with him and we had always been pretty close.

"Will you please tell me where we're going?" she pleaded desperately. She gave me the cutest pout that I had ever seen and I almost gave in.

"You'll find out in, like, another minute," I replied, chuckling. She let out a defeated sigh and folded her arms over her chest. She was just too adorable, I thought with a small smile.

"Why are we at your house?" she questioned as I pulled into my driveway. She got out of the car in pure bewilderment. I shook my head at her still smiling.

"You'll see," I repeated as we walked to my front door. I was kind of nervous that she wouldn't like the small party I had put together. Well, it was more like a friendly get together, but my hands were still a bit sweaty. I unlocked and swung the door open. As soon as the guys saw her there they all ran up to her and gave her one huge group hug.

"What the fuck guys?" she asked through her laughter. She had this huge smile on her face, which only made me smile wider.

After we let Chelsea go, we hung out for a bit just talking about random things until I announced it was time for cake.

"Good, I've been waiting for this for the last hour," Lee responded when I stood up to go get the cake. "Not that I don't love talking to you, Chels," he quickly added when everyone gave him a look. She cracked a smile and pulled him into a hug. I don't think I had ever seen her so happy.

The cake was vanilla with chocolate icing, Chelsea's favorite. I got the store to write 'Happy 16th Birthday Chelsea' on it and I had gotten some black decorating icing with the thin tip and made music notes around the boarder. I thought she would like that better than crappy flowers. I stuck some candles in the creamy brown icing and lit them with a lighter I had found earlier.

As soon as I came out of the kitchen, we all erupted in the most known song ever: Happy Birthday. I set the cake down on the coffee table carefully trying not to knock anything over. I saw her face brighten when she saw the musical notes. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her as we finished the song. I could practically feel the happiness radiating off of her. I suddenly realized that this was probably the first birthday she had spent with friends since she was little, which made me a bit sad. Why would anyone abandon such an amazing person? I surely never wanted to leave her and I didn't think Nicholls, Matt, Lee, or Curtis planned on going anywhere any time soon.

As we belted out the last note, she leaned over and blew out the sixteen candles. After I took the candles out, she insisted on taking a picture of 'its awesomeness' before anyone could get a piece. After I gave everyone a gigantic piece and everyone had dug in, I swiped my hand in the icing on my piece and was about to put it in my mouth when I thought of something better.

I smeared the chocolatey icing on her nose making let out a startled gasp. She looked over at me with a cold glare to see me grinning at her. She wasted no time smearing three fingers worth of icing on my own nose. At that moment, I felt like even though there were five other people in the room, it was just her and me.

Instead of trying to get her back, I simply let my lips take over. I pressed my lips against her and felt pure bliss. This is why I loved kissing her; it was always enjoyable. 

"Get a fucking room!" Curtis shouted. I could feel the heat radiating off of her face, but I didn't stop. I simply threw him the finger and continued. I wished everyday could've been like that with all of just sitting around, eating cake, and just being happy.