The Doctor

Jack's POV

A:N/ I kinda wanted to do Martha's POV for this one but I felt like that would have been to many different ones but if you do want Martha's POV at some point comment below.

"Doctor?" I say. He looks so different, older, and I wonder how many regenerations it's been since he knew me or Martha. I notice that he looks tired, I recognize that look, I've seen it on my own face far too many times, grief. Maybe it's the version that Clara was with when she died.

A:N/ Just so things are clear this is the Doctor after the latest Christmas special, he would just have lost River.

"Jack," he says, there is no emotion in his voice, "Why did you call me," he says, turning to Martha.

She explains the situation to the Doctor. I look at Ianto and I sense how tense he is. I squeeze his hand and see his shoulders relax slightly. The Doctor turns to Ianto. "So this is the teaboy then," he says. God he sounds like Owen. Yeah he's immortal, the energy's practically coming out of his ears. Jack surely you could sense that."

I was taken aback. I was prepared for the Doctor to be different but not like this. Maybe it was because of Clara or whoever he had lost but he was being, well...mean was the only way that I could describe it. The way that he had called Ianto teaboy, as if he wasn't important. The Doctor I knew thought that everyone was important. And if the Ponds were telling the truth that aspect of him had not changed. I realised that I had zoned out. "Well I'm going," the Doctor was saying, "I have more important things to do than settle whether your boyfriend is immortal or not." With that he stepped into the TARDIS and I watched as it dematerialised feeling like I had just been thrown into a different universe where nothing made sense. I had waited to see him for so long and then he just shuns us, suddenly I missed the regenerations that I had traveled with, suddenly I missed Rose and Mickey.

Finally, Martha breaks the silence left in the wake of the Doctor. "What happened." She says to no one in particular.

"He lost too many people I guess," I say," that does things to a person, makes them want to stay detached from everyone in case they get hurt again."

Ianto looks at me with a concerned look on his face. Unlike Martha, who just mumbles an agreement, he senses that I'm not only talking about the Doctor.

Suddenly we hear the front door open. "Mickey must be home," says Martha," He's earlier than normal."

Mickey walks into the room but someone walks in with him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I say incredulously.

A:N/ OK so before anyone says the twelve isn't really like that I have a theory that that is what he will be like after losing River so that's why I wrote it the way I did.

Also I'm 13 reads away from 300 which is crazy. I never expected to reach 50.

As usual thanks for reading and vote if you liked it. (And comment if you want Martha's POV thrown in somewhere).

-Annie