Rhiannon

Jack's pov

I walk into the flat to find Ianto asleep on the couch with the TV on in front of him, it's showing a woman and what I assume are her two sons on a beach somewhere. There's an ambulance in the background which ruins the supposed tranquil scene. I hate to wake him but I know that Rhiannon won't believe me unless she sees him so I gently shake him awake.

He opens his eyes looking disorientated and I smile down at him before breaking the news. "We're going to have to tell Rhiannon that you're alive," I said.

"I'll phone her," said Ianto.

I frowned, this was out of character for Ianto. He may find his sister annoying at times and not get on very well with her husband but he would normally be the one persuading me to go over there. "No I mean go over to see them in person" I said, "They should hear it from us, not Gwen."

Ianto got up," Ok I suppose we should," he said.

I take his hand and we walk out to the SUV. He looks so tired but we have to tell her as soon as possible, anyway it's not like we're telling her bad news it'll be fine I reassure myself. "She knows about us," I blurt out. Why did I say that?

"I know," he said, "it was one of the last conversations that we had, before..."

I don't know how to reply to that so we spend the rest of the drive in silence.

Ianto's pov

As we reach Rhiannon's house I can't help but feel nervous. I don't know why, after all she's my sister and it's not like I am telling her bad news. I just feel like something bad is going to happen, maybe I'm just still feeling panicky from the panic attack earlier. What if I have one in front of Rhiannon, oh god now I just feel worse. As if sensing how I feel Jack reaches over and takes my hand as we get out of the SUV and walk towards the house.

Rhiannon's husband, Johnny, opens the door and looks at Jack suspiciously before noticing me. He stares at me in shock the blood draining out of his face. "B-but you died," he says." How are you-how are you here?"

"Look it's a long story, "says Jack, "Can we come in?"

"Wait," I say," Where are Mica and David, you should probably explain to them before they see me."

"They're at school," says Johnny. He shouts back into the house, "Rhiannon are you sitting down? We've got visitors."

He leads me and Jack into the sitting room where Rhiannon is sitting in front of the TV. She is facing away from the door. "Johnny," she says over her shoulder," Connor just called, him and Troye are going out and I've said that I'll babysit for them, they said that they'll drop Tessa off at six so I hope that you didn't have plans."

As soon as she has said this she turns around and sees me standing in the doorway behind Jack. She sits there frozen for a second before getting up and moving towards me slowly. When she reaches me she slaps me round the face before I can react. "Ianto Jones what the hell are you playing at," she screams, "I thought you were dead, was it all a lie, where you just with him the entire time," she says, gesturing furiously to Jack.

I stand there in shock. I don't know what to say so I just stand there while she shouts. Johnny is trying to calm her down but my silence only seems to make her even angrier. I can feel myself start to panic as Jack steps between us and tries to explain and I head to the front door to try and get some air.

I burst outside and sit on the pavement with my head in my hands. I take slow breaths in and out trying to calm down. As I start to calm down I hear someone come up behind me and feel the familiar sensation of Jack's arms around me. He whispers softly in my ear to calm me down and it works. I eventually get my breathing back under control and lean against him, not caring about the man over the street giving us a weird look. It's his problem if he doesn't like it. Do you want to come back in?" Jack asks, "You don't have to explain everything. I'll do the talking if you want."

I nod gratefully and let Jack lead me back into the house where we sit opposite Johnny and Rhiannon. Jack puts an arm around me as he starts talking. He explains everything to them, except the panic attacks. I think that he senses that I don't want people to know about them. Throughout the entire time that he is talking Rhiannon is silently crying and when he finishes she gets up and hugs me. "Oh God Ianto I'm so sorry," she says. I hug her back uncertainly. I've always been so withdrawn about how I'm feeling and uncomfortable around emotional people. I don't know why.

We stay at Rhiannon's for a while longer until David and Mica get home and Rhiannon can explain to them what happened. They both look so much older. I've missed too much. We leave when Rhiannon's friends, Troye and Connor, stop by to drop off their daughter. Apparently they moved to the UK a while ago as Connor is American and Troye is Australian. They seemed nice enough but I was keen to get home and just be alone with Jack.

A:N/ I'm nearly at two hundred reads already! Again thank you so much to anyone who is reading this and please comment anything that you would like to see happen and vote if you liked it!

-Annie