Clara

Jack's pov

I get back into the flat and see Ianto sitting in front of the TV watching the news. "Thought I may as well catch up on what I'd missed," he said.

I sat down beside him but before I can mention John I see the face displayed on screen. "Miss Oswald was found outside her block of flats by a fellow resident. Her death is not being treated as suspicious and no evidence has been brought forward yet. If you know anything about her death, then please contact the number on screen."

I lean back on the sofa still staring at the screen in shock.

"Jack who is she? Do you know her?" Ianto is looking at me when I hear the front door open.

I swear under my breath as John walks into the room. "Eye candy," he says, "you are alive. You know for a minute there I thought Jack had lost it."

Ianto looks at me "Jack, what's he doing here?"

I don't reply. I'm still shocked at Clara's death; how did she die? Where was the doctor? Questions ran through my mind but I could answer none. I had kept tabs on all of the doctor's companions Donna, Amy, Rory even River Song, when I could, as a favour to him.

I realise that both Ianto and John are looking at me.

"Jack?" Says Ianto, "What's wrong, is it the girl who was on the news, did you know her?"

"Not exactly," I say, "She was a companion, of the doctor"

"What was her name," says John sharply, "I heard something about a doctor's companion in Trap street earlier."

"Clara, Clara Oswald." I say.

"Yes, that was her. I was down there and I heard something about how a girl and the doctor had come to trap street because a friend of theirs was sentenced to face the raven, she must have taken the sentence for them."

"It's the sort of thing she would do." I say.

"What do you mean face the raven?" asked Ianto.

"In trap street they have a way of keeping the peace between citizens. If the slightest crime is committed, then you face the death penalty. You get a certain amount of time to say your goodbyes then the raven comes for you. I don't know exactly what it does but I know that it is impossible to escape unless the penalty is lifted or someone else takes it for you." I said.

Ianto falls silent and no one speaks until my phone rings. I answer it and hear Gwen on the line. "Jack I'm so sorry," she said, "what I said before, I didn't mean it, I was just worried and-"

"Gwen," I said, cutting her off, "it's ok don't worry."

"Really?" she said, "Thank God, and Jack if you ever do decide to start Torchwood up again and there's any jobs going well I'll happily take it."

She hangs up and I decide that maybe I will give Torchwood a try again. After all the old base is still there. Maybe it was rebuilt for a reason.

A/N: Thank you so much to anyone who has read this and please vote if you liked it!