Auton

Jack's pov

As I am going over everything that Rose has said Tosh touches my arm, I look at her and she tilts her head towards Ianto who is struggling to breathe and has tears rolling down his cheeks. I quickly tell Owen and Gwen to check on Adam before they notice Ianto and as they walk out of the door I make my way to Ianto and wrap my arms around him, pulling him onto my lap. As I do this he blacks out completely for a few seconds and I hold him as he wakes up, looking around himself in confusion.

He realises that my arms are around him and whispers my name before attempting to stand up but I stop him, "Rest for a little while," I say before extracting myself from under him and leading Tosh, Isaiah and Rose out of the room.

We go down to the cells where Owen is interrogating Adam. "Hey I do the interrogating here," I say, only half joking. Owen steps back and I move towards the glass.

"So Adam, is that even your name? You walk into my hub uninvited and then refuse to answer our questions? I really don't think that's fair, do you?" I say.

Adam says nothing and keeps staring at the same place on the wall opposite him.

Rose steps in front of me before I can stop her and suddenly Adam is on his feet. "Rose?" He says, "Rose what is this place."

I put my hand on Rose's arm to warn her not to drop her guard but she simply lifts her hand and clicks her fingers. Nothing happens.

"So seeing we've established that you aren't Adam I think you should start telling the truth. Who are you?" Rose's voice hardens with the last question.

Adam sits back down.

Rose starts yelling at him and Gwen leads her away with the help of Tosh.

I turn back to Adam, deciding to take a more direct route. "Are you working for Gray?"

Adam just sits there, it's like he's been deactivated.

"I've tried that already," Owen says, "He just sits there looking at the wall."

I walk out of the cells in frustration. I tell Tosh to bring up the cell's CCTV and slump into my chair behind my desk. The door opens and Ianto walks in. "I think you should see this sir."

I run out of my office towards Tosh who is watching the CCTV footage of Adam. His fingers have become immobile and are hanging off his hand where the barrel of a gun is clearly visible. "Auton," I breathe before pulling out my gun and leading the team down to the cells. I lead the way through the door with Ianto following and see that Adam has somehow broken through the glass of the cell. The others spread out behind me, Rose and Isaiah holding spare guns which Rose clearly doesn't know how to use.

I move to shoot him but he is too quick and shoots me through the head. The last thing that I feel before fading into the almost familiar darkness is Ianto's arms catching me before I hit the ground.

A:N/ Please don't kill me for being gone for so long. I went back to school and this is the first chance that I've had to update and my updates will have to be whenever I have some spare time. I promise that I will finish the book though and I won't let school get on top of me.

As usual please vote if you liked it and thanks for reading

-Annie