"How could I forget Martha!"

Rhiannon's pov

A:N/ This is just a one off to get a slightly different perspective on Ianto's death of someone who wasn't involved with Torchwood.

I hear Johnny come through the door with David and Mica. "David, Mica," I call, "Could you just come into the sitting room for me." Jack and Ianto are upstairs and I don't want them to see Ianto before I have a chance to explain what's happened. After all it has been a while since last time they saw Ianto.

They walk in and I get them to sit down next to me. "David, Mica, you know how Uncle Ianto died in that car accident a few years ago. Well it wasn't a car accident." I go on and explain everything. I didn't think that they were old enough to know what really happened when Ianto died. Mica was seven and David was ten. But now they're older and can handle it, I think. After I explain everything to them I send Johnny to get Jack and Ianto. Jack walks in first, followed by Ianto. Mica is the first to react, she always was closer to Ianto than David. She runs over to him and hugs him. I can see Ianto looking at them both, at how much they have changed. It's so much more obvious how much time has gone, how much he has missed in Mica and David than in me and Johnny. They've grown so much. A single tear makes its way down his cheek as he hugs David. God I can't believe that he's alive. It hasn't sunk in yet that he's here and I'm not dreaming this time. I can't help but wonder whether or not he will be like Jack. They said they couldn't know unless he died again and of course they didn't want to test it in that way. Jack started to say something when I asked if he was sure that that was the only way to know earlier but stopped. Maybe it's to do with that doctor that he talked about before. I come back to reality as Jack sits down next to me. "You ok?" he asks, "I know that it's a bit of a shock. Believe me your reacting much better than one of our old friends, Gwen, do you remember?"

"She was the one that told me he was dead," I say, "I hated her for that, I know it wasn't her fault but I guess that I needed someone to blame."

"Don't we all," he says, he sounds bitter.

"Jack," I say, "earlier you were about to say something when I asked you if there was any way of finding out if Ianto is immortal, other than the obvious way, you were about to say something but you stopped yourself, what was it?"

"Nothing, it doesn't matter," he says, "It would never work anyway."

"Jack tell me," I say, "Don't you think that Ianto would like to know and if there is any possibility of him finding out." I trail off looking at Jack and watching the expression on his face change as he decides something.

"I was going to say that the doctor would be able to sense it." He says.

"So what is the problem with that? Why wouldn't it work?" I say, confused.

"Because it isn't that easy to find him. I once waited over 100 years just so that I could find a version of him that knew me. I have no way of contacting him," his face suddenly lights up, "Martha," he shouts, "how could I forget Martha? Oh I am so stupid." He runs outside with Ianto following and his phone in his hand.

"What the hell was that about," says Johnny staring at the door.

"No idea," I say.

A:N/ So I'm back! Updates will be back to normal now.

Thank you if you are reading this and as usual vote if you liked it and comment anything that you would like to see happen.

-Annie