Ianto

Ianto's pov

I crouch next to Jack as he begins to come back, Owen, Isaiah and Gwen all went after Adam but Tosh and Rose have stayed behind with me and Jack. As Jack opens his eyes and begins breathing again the lights above us go out one by one. I help Jack to his feet before drawing my gun and leading the way out of the cells. Upstairs I find the hub empty and going into lockdown, Tosh runs to her desk and tries to reverse it but fails as the computers have already gone down.

Jack leads Rose towards the weapons room and Tosh throws one of her devices toward him. He catches it one-handed before pressing it against the lock on the door. I try to reach Owen or Gwen through my earpiece but the signal has been cut, presumably by Adam or Gray. "I can't get through to Owen and Gwen," I say.

Jack glances over," Gray must have cut the signal out. He must have done it from within the hub though because there's no way that you could program an Auton to do that. Be careful."

"That's a bit rich coming from you isn't it?" Rose laughs, it's almost like she's enjoying this.

"I can afford to be careless," Jack says," You can't."

"If only the Doctor and Martha hadn't left," I say.

"Hey don't talk like that," Jack says as the weapons room door finally opens, "We'll sort it."

"Jack I've got CCTV," Tosh says from her desk," I can see Gwen, Owen and Isaiah and well, it's not good."

We all rush over to Tosh's desk where she has the live CCTV camera footage from outside the hub on her screen. Gwen and Owen both have guns to their heads and Isaiah is lying on the gorund with a pool of blood pooling around him, he's too still. Gray spins Gwen around and looks at the camera and Adam does the same with Owen, it's almost like they're mirroring each other.

"I know you're watching brother," Gray says, "If you come out now you might have time to save your friends. Although maybe not Isaiah here, he's bleeding out pretty fast." His face hardens, "You have five minutes."

Jack moves towards the door and uses Tosh's device to begin to unlock it. Rose follows him unthinkingly but me and Tosh are warier, "Jack are you sure about this," Tosh says.

The door unlocks and he walks through and puts the device against the cog door without answering. Me and Tosh exchange looks and follow him, Rose clearly has more confidence in this situation than we do.

The door opens and we make our way out to the tourist office where Tosh goes behind the desk to cancel the lockdown. She does it quickly and we walk out of the hub. Gray is waiting for us but Adam, Owen, Gwen and Isaiah have all disappeared. "Where are they," Jack yells, "I swear to God Gray where are they."

"Adam's taken them to a safe place," Gray replies calmly," You see, they're my security, without them I have nothing to threaten you with Jack. After all it's not like killing you will do anything. Your friends however..."

He leaves the threat hanging in the air. I can see blood on the dock behind Gray and the image of Isaiah bleeding out on this dock rises to the front of my mind and I swallow nervously in anticipation of what might happen to us if Gray gets his way.

Jack reaches for his gun but Gray is quicker and shoots Jack in the hand before he can get to it. Before any of us can react I feel the cold metal of a gun against my temple and Gray is telling Jack, Tosh and Rose to stay back and Jack is yelling.

"Shut up or your boyfriend dies," Gray says inches from my ear.

Jack stops yelling instantly. All that I can see is the pool of blood that is now meters away from me due to the fact that Gray has dragged me back to where he was standing when we came out of the hub and first saw him.

Suddenly I hear two gunshots and there is a blinding pain that rips through my body like a knife. I fall to the ground, suddenly released from Gray's grip and the last thing that I hear before the world goes black is Jack's panicked voice shouting my name.

Jack's pov

I stare at Ianto, looking for any signs of life, he has been in a coma and deteriorating for several days now but I haven't kept count. Gwen and Tosh keep trying to make me leave him, at least to get some rest they say but how could I leave him in this condition? What if something happened to him and I wasn't there? I have to stay with him. Ianto begins to shake violently and foam starts to come out of his lips. He's having a seizure. I leap up and press the alarm button by the bed repeatedly until two nurses and a doctor come rushing into the cubicle. I stand back as they attempt to clear his airway and begin to perform CPR. The heart monitor flatlines and it seems like an age before the nurses finally stop. The constant screech of the heart monitor is piercing my head and my vision has tunneled so that all that I can see is him, Ianto Jones, the man that I love and the man that I have lost twice. I hear the doctor pronouncing the time of death as if he is miles away and I feel hands on my shoulders but I push them off. I'm still staring at his face searching frantically for any sign of life no matter how small. He can't be gone, not again.

A:N/ Ok so to say sorry for my months absence you have another update that will be uploaded in a bit. Please don't kill me for the ending.

As usual vote if you liked it and thanks for reading.

-Annie (I'm so sorry for that ending please please don't kill me)