Weevil

Martha's POV

I'm sitting in the living room watching TV with Mickey when we hear the screams upstairs. I hear Mickey swear under his breath before he gets up and sprints out of the room. I quickly follow him and grab the spare gun that Jack gave us in case of emergencies. As we get to Dan and Phil's front door Dan runs out with a bite mark on his arm and Phil following close behind. I run inside and see a weevil in their kitchen, I shoot it in the head before it can even turn to look at me and pull out my phone to call Jack. Ianto picks up and I tell him to get Jack to bring some retcon pills down to London. At this point I hear Mickey call me.

I hurry back out to the front door and see that Dan has passed out and Phil is kneeling next to him trying to stop the bleeding on his arm. I kneel beside Dan and tell Mickey to get my first aid kit while I try to stop the bleeding. It doesn't look too deep and weevil bites aren't poisonous but there is always a chance of infection. "What the hell was that thing," Phil asks me. He looks terrified although I suspect that he's mostly worried about Dan.

"We call them Weevils," I reply, "And don't worry about Dan, it's not a deep cut he'll be fine but there may be a scar."

"Thank God," Says Phil, "But what do you mean by we?"

"You're better off not knowing, believe me," I reply.

Phil doesn't reply as Mickey comes back out with my first aid kit. "Have you called an ambulance?" I ask.

"No" Mickey replies.

"Good," I say, "We don't want this getting out, UNIT will just blame Torchwood that a Weevil is in London and we know what happened last time Torchwood was blamed for something."

I sit back as I finish putting a bandage on Dan's arm. He's waking up.

Jack materialises a few steps down. He must have got his vortex manipulator working again despite the Doctor deactivating it.

"Jack there was a Weevil, that shouldn't happen in London, should it?" Mickey asks.

"A Weevil," Jack says, "Then I was right, Tosh has been noticing that there have been more and more rift energy spikes lately and we think that someone is trying to get through and I have a good idea who. A Weevil in London confirms my theory as more stuff has been leaking through recently in other parts of the UK."

"Who do you think it is?" I ask.

"Anyway," Jack says, avoiding the question, "We can't retcon them."

"Why not?" Martha asks.

Jack hands me a folder. It's a list of occasions that retcon has been used. Dan and Phil are on the limit. "But how?" I ask, "They've never been retconned while I've been living below them. Surely that's the only way they could have needed it."

"They just seem to have bad luck but we can't let them overdose because the last guy who did that murdered two people."

"Mickey could you talk to them," I ask. He nods and goes into the flat.

"In the meantime, we've got a dead Weevil on our hands," I say to Jack. We go into their kitchen and I start clearing the blood while Jack gets rid of the body.

It's around ten by the time we leave Dan and Phil's flat and I go to bed straight away as I have to get up pretty early tomorrow to go to Cardiff and start training Alec up.

A:N/ Ok so I know that this is messing up the timing in the fanfic a bit but I just wanted to get this into the story properly rather than it being just mentioned in Ianto's diary.

Also my reads are increasing so quickly at the moment thank you so much.

As usual, vote if you liked it and thanks for reading.