Rose

Alec's POV

I walk into the hub to see the rest of the team, including Owen and Tosh, already at work. Well Martha is checking over Tosh and Owen, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they were dead, or Ianto for that matter. I walk down to where Martha is checking them over in a sunken...well room I suppose. Martha sends them back up into the hub and I descend the steps. I'm in what looks like a small med-room. "Hi," I say awkwardly.

Martha looks up, "Hey," she says, smiling, "Ok so before we get down to any of the medical stuff, me and Tosh are going to show you around the hub."

I nod and they lead me past the main entrance and down some stairs leading with a heavy metal door at the bottom. Tosh swipes her security pass and it opens onto a corridor with glass cells along one wall and more doors on the other. "This is the cells," Tosh says, "We keep aliens, like Weevils, that fall through the rift down here."

"The rift?" I ask

"There is a rift through space and time running through Cardiff and stuff is coming through all the time. The only problem is that we can't send any of it back to where it came from." Martha replies.

At this point I notice that the cells aren't empty. There are creatures that look humanoid but clearly aren't human in them. They have brown, wrinkled skin and their lips draw back as they look at me.

Tosh sees me staring at them, "They're Weevils. Well that's what we call them anyway. There's no way to communicate with them, no alien language translator will recognize it."

We head back out of the cells and go down to what is clearly a morgue. "It's currently empty after what happened last week." Tosh says.

We don't stay down there for very long before heading back up to the main hub. A pterodactyl is flying around the hub and I blink, not sure whether to trust my eyes. "That's Myfanwy, Ianto found her just before he joined Torchwood."

Ok they have a pterodactyl.

I suppose I should get used to this kind of stuff with Torchwood. I wish that I could tell Magnus, he would love this. Apparently Gwen used to be in the same position but her husband found out by accident.

After showing me the rest of the hub Martha leads me down into the same room that she was in earlier. "This is the autopsy room," she says, "We do use it for medical purposes as well but it is mainly used for autopsy's. This is where you will mainly be working but I think that Jack is planning to keep you on permanently so you should get a desk at some point.

Martha shows me where everything is and leaves me to it because she has to talk to Jack about something. I see Owen sitting at his desk, clearly with nothing to do, and I smile nervously at him. He just looks away. He doesn't seem to like me much. When I mentioned it to Martha she just said that he was like that with all new people, apparently he was horrible to Gwen when she first started, the fact that I'm doing his job probably doesn't help much.

Suddenly the sound of an alarm rips through the hub, I sprint into the main hub and see Jack yelling out commands. "Tosh, Owen, Alec, I want you to stay here and monitor the rift. Martha, Gwen, Ianto, with me." With that, all three of them run towards the garage, leaving me, Tosh and Owen alone, I'm glad Tosh is there, I don't really want to be left alone with Owen as he is glaring at me.

"What's happening?" I ask.

"Someone's come through the rift, she came through in the middle of Cardiff. We managed to get a visual and Jack recognized her, he wouldn't say where from. I think that Martha knew as well as she said her name, Rose, I think.

A:N/ On the note of Magnus, I couldn't resist Ok.

Rose is back! There's gonna be a big reunion there.

Should I do more of Alec's POV?

As usual Vote if you liked it and thanks for reading.

-Annie