Captain John

Jack's pov

We spent the rest of the journey back to my flat in an uncomfortable silence that was only broken by Ianto remarking again on the lack of people in the bay. It was bothering me now, I hadn't seen anyone other than Gwen, Rhys and Ianto all day. Surely there should be more people around.

When Ianto saw which flat we were going to he drew in a sharp intake of breath, "Isn't that Owen's old flat."

I nod but don't say anything.

We enter my flat and I curse under my breath. I should have tidied it before I left. There was pizza boxes and other rubbish everywhere. I hadn't bothered to clean it for a while as I didn't ever have anyone over and I had pretty much been living on takeaways. I shoved some boxes under the sofa with my foot.

"Is it OK if I shower," said Ianto, "I kinda need it."

"Yeah sure," I said, "Bathroom's through there." I gestured to the door on the far left.

As soon as Ianto went into the bathroom I quickly cleared the flat up and picked up my wallet before heading towards the front door. I left a note for Ianto and headed into the city centre in search of food and clothes for Ianto. When I got into the city centre, which was overflowing with people, I spotted John making a beeline for me and sighed inwardly. Ever since I came back to earth he had kept trying to contact me but after everything that happened with Gray I could barely look at him. "Jack," he said, "You never answered my calls, I was starting to wonder if your immortality had worn off or something."

"John I can't talk right now," I say, trying to keep walking.

"What's up, still pining after eye candy?" he says, "He's gone Jack, you need to move on."

"So do you," I mutter.

"Oh come on don't be like that," he says, "Why don't we go for coffee or something?"

"Look," I say, "If you must know Ianto is in my flat right now, alive. Now if you don't mind I had better get back."

"Right meet you back there, Owen Harper's old flat right?" says John before winking at me, turning around and walking away.

I sigh and head back to the SUV. I suppose that I had better get back before him and warn Ianto. Why does he have to turn up now?