Out of my depth

Jack's POV

I look over at Ianto and see that he is struggling to breathe. "Ianto are you OK, what's wrong?" I say. He leans back into the seat of the SUV shaking his head. Tears are starting to leak from his eyes and I'm calling his name, he can't seem to hear me. I don't know what to do, I want to hold him and tell him that everything is OK but he can't breathe so surely that isn't a good idea. As I sit there trying to figure out what to do I see his eyes start to close and his breathing slows until it is almost back to normal. He's fainted. I put the key in the ignition and drive back to the apartment

***

As I pull up to my, our, apartment Ianto begins to stir. "What happened?" he asked.

"You fainted," I said.

"And?" said Ianto, clearly sensing that there was more to it.

"You had some sort of panic attack or fit," I said, "I didn't know what to do you just couldn't breathe and I just." I ran my hands through my hair. Here I was pitying myself and Ianto had just had a panic attack. God I was useless.

"Jack it's OK, I'm OK. It was probably a one off." Ianto looked like he was seriously doubting this.

"But what if it wasn't, what if next time it's even worse or I'm not even there. Let alone unable to do anything. Ianto you need to see someone about this."

"Jack I'll go and see someone if it happens again OK" He said, "I don't want to talk about it right now."

Ianto got out of the car and started walking up to the apartment. I followed him wondering what to do. He needed to see someone about this but maybe he was right, maybe it could be a one off and I was overreacting. On the other hand, this could have happened before, when I wasn't there but I didn't want to push him in case I pushed him away, he had always been quite reserved. I was assuming that it was because of his death but what if he was worried about something else. I had seen the way that he looked at John the previous day; maybe he thought that we had got back together while he was dead. I knew one thing for certain. The slightest sign of trouble and I was out of my depth. I should be better than this, I'd been alive long enough.

A/N: Again, thank you so much if you are reading this as I am aware that this is just one small fanfic in a corner of wattpad!

Please vote if you liked it and comment anything that you would like to see happen.