He's dead

Jack's POV

Tosh's voice comes through on my earpiece, "Jack hurry there's a Weevil near her. She doesn't look like she's in a state to fight."

I speed up as the alley that we spotted her in comes closer. I stop the SUV and climb out before running to the alley, gun and weevil spray in hand. The site that greets me is exactly what I was scared of. The Weevil is advancing on Rose who has blood running down her face and looks like she could pass out any second. I move up behind it and hit it on the back of its neck before rushing to Rose as she collapses. I hoist her onto my back while Ianto subdues the Weevil and we rush back to the SUV, the quicker Martha can take a look at Rose the better. I place Rose between Gwen and Martha as Ianto puts the Weevil in the back of the SUV and as soon as everyone is back in I put my foot down.

Back in the hub Martha, Alec and Owen start checking over Rose and conclude that she has concussion and she fainted. She wakes up soon after Martha has finished treating her wound.

As soon as she sees me she just says one thing, "He's dead."

I move next to her, "What do you mean?" I ask, "Who?" I have a sinking feeling that I know exactly who it is but I don't want to believe it.

"The Doctor, the one in my world." She chokes back tears, "That's why I came back, there isn't anything there for me, well apart from Torchwood and Mum and Dad."

I don't know what to say, it feels weird hearing those words, I never imagined hearing them about the Doctor, even the version in Rose's world.

"How?" I ask eventually.

"There was this alien, we called it the 456 but we don't know it's real name, he went to challenge it and it filled gassed everyone in the building, he didn't make it." Rose replies.

"Thames house," I whisper.

Rose looks confused, "How did you know?"

"Because the same thing happened to Ianto," I say, "I guess that not everything in your world is so different."

Rose looks over to where Ianto is standing in the entrance to the autopsy room, "But he's..." she trails off.

"He came back." I say, "He had some of my blood given to him a while back and it passed on my immortality to him."

Rose looks down at her lap, "But I'll never get him back," she says in a voice so quiet I can barely hear it.

I put my hand on her shoulder as Ianto steps forward, "Uh Jack you should see this," he says. I follow him up to Tosh's desk where a blue police box can be seen. I look at Martha suspiciously who is smiling innocently before taking the watertower exit as the TARDIS is parked close to it. Martha follows me.

We reach the TARDIS and I knock on the door. The Doctor opens it, Rose's Doctor. "Jack, Martha," he exclaims, smiling.

"Doctor, please, come into the hub," Martha says.

"Torchwood?" He says.

I nod and he shakes his head, "Not after Rose, I don't want anything to do with them."

"Please Doctor," I say, "This is important."

He doesn't look happy but he allows me and Martha to lead him to the entrance. We decide to take him in through the tourist information desk. As we walk into the hub he whistles, "Well I can't deny this is pretty impressive," He says, "Doesn't mean I agree with it but it is pretty impressive."

I lead him over to the team and introduce him quickly before taking him to the autopsy room where Rose is still sitting on the autopsy table under strict instructions from Martha. He takes a sharp breath in before breaking into a huge grin and going down to her. She lifts her head and jumps off the table looking the happiest that she has since she arrived. They hug and by the time they let go the rest of the team have gathered. Rose starts crying as she explains why she is back to the Doctor. The expression on his face is one of pain and it's obvious how he still feels about her. We all leave them to catch up and get back to work.

A:N/ Sorry about the abrupt ending, I had to rush it because I have other stuff I have to do.

Opinion's on the way Ten-two died?

As usual thanks for reading and vote if you liked it!

-Annie