Chapter 1 - New Girl

"Would Jane Robertson come back down to the office please? We're not finished with your enrollment."

I heard the announcement for the third time now, but I still didn't turn back. If they wanted me to return to that stupid office, they were just going to have to find me. I walked down the hall silently, hoping to find an exit.

The walls of the boarding school are a beige colour with black trim. It resembled a stretched out cup of coffee. Speaking of coffee, I should get some...

I turned the corner and ran into a muscular guy who was about 6 inches taller than me. He had short brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Jay? What are you doing here?"

"Hey Dean." I said obnoxiously, "Funny seeing you here."

"Seriously, what are you doing here? 'We're not finished your enrollment'? Please don't tell me you're staying."

 "Don't worry, D. We're a whole grade apart from each other," I cocked my head to the side and smiled mischievously, "You won't have to see much of me anyways."

"I freaking hope not, Jane. I'm not going to let you drag me down into one of your terrible pranks. The people in this school pay a lot to be here. Please don't cause any trouble." Dean almost begged.

"Aw! You worry about me."

"No, I worry about everyone in the 11th grade. And the teachers. And the principal. And that poor soul supervising the detention hall. You'll probably get to know Mr. Burns very well."

"Shut up." I said, popping my gum. Dean just shook his head and grabbed my arm. He started pulling me back the way I'd come, and I saw what he was doing. I fought against his steel grip, lashing at his arm. Eventually, Dean had enough and picked me up, putting me over his shoulder and carrying me like a fireman.

"LET GO YOU IDIOT! GO TO FREAKING HELL! I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THAT OFFICE! DEAN! LET ME DOWN! DEAN! DEAN!!!" I screamed, kicking the air and pounding his back with my fists. No use, this guy was ripped.

I saw the back wall of the main office and heard the secretary gasp. I scowled and continued kicking and screaming.

"Jane Robertson is here to finish her enrollment." Dean said calmly.

"Uh, very well. You can go in." The secretary said. She was a middle aged woman with short black hair and grey streaks that looked like highlights. She had thick black glasses and pasty skin.

"WHAT?! HE'S DRAGGING ME IN! CALL THE POLICE!! ANIMAL CONTROL!! SOMETHING?!" I screamed.

As I re-entered the principal's office, I saw Principal Carters Get up from her chair. She was young, (maybe 25?) with light blonde hair and pink lipstick. Her eyes were a pale green and she wore about a dozen bracelets on each arm.

"Good morning, Principal Carters. I believe Jane here needs to finish her enrollment."

"How do you know the principal so well?" I asked.

"Um, hello? Honor roll? Not that you would know a thing about that. Besides, I'm sure you'll get to know Mrs Carters pretty well too. Don't you worry."

"You've always been the supportive one, haven't you?"

"Ah, Miss Robertson. I'm so happy for you could join us." Mrs Carters said.

"So am I. Can't you tell? I'm bursting with joy." I said in monotone.

"Dean, if you could put our new student down please."