Chapter 73: The Force of Memories

So it's not quite Sunday yet; it's Saturday night. But, I can't wait any longer to post this after the mean cliffhanger last update. Screw it, I'm posting this like twelve hours early. This is a really short chapter, but this is going to be a double update so we're all good. That's all that I've got to say... Enjoy!

-----------------------------

     My yin seal activated as the torrent of memories swept through my mind. I felt my body convulse, and I heard screams that may have been my own as I was overwhelmed with more data than a human mind could process at once. Obito's entire backstory ran through my head as the Creation Rebirth Jutsu fought hard to keep my mind intact. I saw everything. I knew everything. All of the past that led up to the current events, the entirety of the Fourth Great Ninja War, and all of the media that followed. I saw Madara and Kaguya defeated. I saw Obito convincing Nagato to follow his plan for Project Tsuki no Me. I saw Kakashi sitting in his desk as the Sixth Hokage. I saw the five Kage battle Madara. I saw Naruto, Hinata, and Sakura watching their children play. I saw Naruto and Sasuke's second battle at the Valley of the End. I saw everything. I knew everything.

     For what felt like months, my mind was filled with nothing but a constant rush of information as my yin seal ran out of chakra. Hundreds of hours worth of episodes jammed their way through my consciousness all at once.

     The pain was so intense that comparing this to one of my usual migraines would be like comparing a slit throat to a paper cut, a mountain to a pebble.

     The memories tore through the entirety of my psyche. They demolished everything until nothing was left, nothing but the memories that the barrier had contained.

     I was nothing but an empty shell of memories, what Orochimaru's jutsu had always destined me to be.

     I was too broken for mere medical ninjutsu to fix.

     The world went black.

----------------------------

Edited 5/3/2016