Chapter 37: Sasuke Recovery Mission

This is a pretty short update, but the next one will be in a new POV! It will also be pretty short, but I don't think that short updates are too much of a problem since I just post stuff as soon as I write it instead of having a set schedule... I digress. I am so happy that people are reading and enjoying this and I am super motivated to keep writing! Enjoy :)

----------------------------------

     I was playing around with my kunai jutsu, making other weapons with my chakra and having a lot of fun throwing them around and blowing them up. It almost couldn't be called training, I love to blow stuff up... I also might need help of the professional variety. I had just made the large, four-bladed, windmill shuriken and thrown it when Sakura showed up. She was staring wide-eyed as I made a crater that was easily forty feet in diameter. It was a large shuriken so there was a lot of chakra in it. Feeling the large chunk of chakra leave me suddenly, I plopped onto my butt in a super undignified manner.

     "Ana... How on earth did you do that?"

     "Oh, you like my jutsu, do you? Though, I think that I am going to stick to smaller explosions in the future. That one really took it out of me." I laughed and Sakura was staring at me like I was insane. "So, people usually stay the hell away from me when I'm practicing this jutsu, but you're here so what do you need?"

     She gulped and tears began to flow from her eyes as she flung herself into my arms. I usually cringe with unexpected physical contact, but I shoved that reaction away. I gave her a tight hug and pulled her onto my lap. She shook with sobs, and her tears were soaking into my new flak jacket. "Sakura, what happened?"

     "S-Sas-Sasuke!" She balled even harder. I rubbed my hand up and down her back, making small shushing noises until she regained a little bit of her composure. "He's gone! He left the village to seek more p-" A rogue hiccup interrupted her, "-ower from Orochimaru. I-I told him how I felt! I begged him not to leave me last night, b-but he did!" She started sobbing again, and I got really mad at Sasuke. Nobody breaks my little sister's heart, or they'll hear about it from me!

     "What's being done about it now?"

     "Shikamaru led a team with Neji, Choji, Kiba, and Naruto after him. Nar-Naruto promised that he would bring Sasuke back to me, but I'm so afraid." I held onto her crying form even tighter.

     "Let's head back to the village." I scooped her up and placed her on my back, putting my arms under her knees to hold her up. "I'll talk to Lady Tsunade and see if there's anything that I can do." I raised one hand in a sign, "Hold on tight, this will feel a little funny." We reappeared in front of the Hokage's office. As we walked in, I saw Kakashi run out at top speed, a look of worry on his usually emotionless face.

     I walked into the Hokage's office.

     "Are you here to beg me to let you go after Sasuke too?" Tsunade sounded dead tired and super exasperated.

    "Actually, that was sort of the plan..."

     "No."

     "Why? I'm more than capable of finding Sasuke with my byakugan, sensory abilities, and visions!"

     "This is Orochimaru we're dealing with. You going after Sasuke would be like us handing you over to him on a silver platter. That's something that I just can't allow. We both know what he'll do to your mind."

     "Ana, what does she mean by what he'll do with your mind?" Sakura's voice asked from beside my right ear.

     "You know about my visions and stuff, right?" I could feel her nod. "Well I can't see everything, only things that can't change the future. But, Orochimaru wants to remove all the blocks in my mind releasing that information so that he can use it for himself. Unfortunately for me, the strain would fry my brain. I would cease being me."

     "How can you talk about that so calmly?!"

     "I've come to terms with my situation and the price that comes with my abilities."

     "Speaking of which," Tsunade interlaced her fingers and then rested her chin on them. "What do you know about the current situation?"

     "Hmm, nothing much."

     "Well, it was worth a try. Come and see me if you remember anything, and I forbid you to go after Sasuke." I sighed and turned to leave. As I walked out the door, I began to feel that dreaded ripping sensation in my head. I removed Sakura from my back and swayed.

     "Ana... What's wrong?"

     "Oh, no!" I heard Tsunade rush over to me as I collapsed. She caught me before my head could make contact with the ground. Consciousness was ripped from me for the first time in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Choji was fighting a large man with orange hair, Jirobo. He was able to win by taking the red food pill, but he collapsed half dead and very thin because of it's side effects.

     Neji had a long and intense battle with the spider member of the Sound Ninja Four, Kidomaru. He was able to win as well, but he took a shot from an arrow through his shoulder, he too was almost dead.

     With the timely help of Kankuro, an injured Kiba and Akamaru were able to defeat the conjoined twins, Sakon and Ukon.

     After a battle of genjutsu, shadow strangle jutsu, and wits, Shikamaru and Tayuya's battle was ended by the sudden arrival of Temari. Shikamaru had only a broken finger.

     Naruto and Rock Lee fought Kimimaro Kaguya. Lee sent Naruto ahead to find Sasuke, but Lee had broken out of the hospital and was still weak after his surgery. Gaara came to his aid, and together they held off Kimimaro until he died of the sickness that was consuming him.

     Naruto and Sasuke fought. It was painful to watch such good friends try to kill or harm each other. Both used their strongest techniques. Naruto donned the Nine-tails' cloak and Sasuke activated the second level of his cursed seal. It wasn't a battle between children, but monsters. They both pulled their final punches to avoid killing each other. Naruto lost both to Sasuke and his consciousness. As he laid there passed out, Sasuke knelt beside him, the winner. He left, and Kakashi showed up on the scene. Pakkun searched for Sasuke's scent, but the rain had washed it away. Kakashi gathered up Naruto, apologizing for not arriving on time, and brought him back to the village.

     All of the genin were collected by the medical core, and the world went black as the vision ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I could feel Tsunade healing my mind as the memories ripped it apart. This was the most that I had remembered since Kakashi's back story, but every vision was affecting me worse than the last one. There was only so much of this that one mind could take. 

---------------------------------------

This was short, but as per the usual, Ana passed out thus her POV was cut short. She really does pass out a lot... Wow, I never realized that until now! (And I wrote this, I'm smert guys.) See you at the next update!

Edited 4/16/2016