Chapter 53: Crystal Style

So I wasn't really sure if I should include the Three-tails' Appearance arc since it's technically filler, but I decided to just keep it to this one chapter as a sort of middle ground. I really want to stick to the main canon story line for this book (otherwise it will probably excede a hundred chapters which is a bit too long in my opinion). So that about sums up everything that I needed to say, enjoy!

-------------------------

     Lady Tsunade gathered Kakashi, Yamato, and I in the coroner's office where the dead body of Kakuzu was laid out on a table, a white surgical cloth covering everything but his face with the long grey stitches coming from its mouth.

     "The examination isn't complete yet," the Hokage said gravely, "but we've already found out something about this new jutsu of Naruto's. The damage this man sustained didn't just come from a barrage of individual blows no matter how many there might have been."

     Kakashi looked up from the corpse in confusion, "Hm, what do you mean?"

     "As impossible as it may seem," Lady Tsunade answered, "his entire chakra network has been severed." Kakashi and Yamato looked shocked, but I just nodded.

     "I figured that would be the case when I watched the entire jutsu with my byakugan." Kakashi was staring down at Kakuzu with wide eyes; he hadn't even had time to replace his missing forehead protector and flak jacket yet. "What did it do exactly?"

     Lady Tsunade looked down at the corpse as well, "The effect on the body is more like a poison than a physical trauma. It's an incredibly precise attack doing its damage on the cellular level. I believe it shapes the wind chakra into a blizzard of miniature swords and systematically attacks every cell in the body."

      I nodded, "You described its effects exactly as I saw them, but not only does it target every cell, but it also severs each cell's connection to the chakra network. I'm glad that you've confirmed what I had seen, I almost couldn't believe my eyes."

     Yamato looked shocked, "That's some jutsu."

     "Poison indeed," Kakashi agreed with the Hokage's word choice. "So it would be more accurate to talk in terms of concentration as opposed to number of attacks."

     Yamato looked up at the Hokage, voicing the thing that was worrying me, "And Naruto, what about the one who used the jutsu?"

     She looked up from Kakuzu slowly, "Well, there lies the problem."

     The wood style user furrowed his brows, "I see."

     "Kakashi," the Hokage addressed him directly. "Whatever happens, don't let Naruto try to use Rasenshuriken again." The two jounin with me gasped and I nodded since I had a feeling that this was coming.

     "It's that serious?" Yamato gasped.

     "I saw those same symptoms in Naruto's right arm," Lady Tsunade explained. "Not as severe, but the same. If he keeps using that jutsu, sooner or later he'll lose it, the ability to wield chakra."

     "It's a powerful jutsu," Yamato said quietly. "It comes with risks."

     "Once any cell in the body has been disconnected from the chakra network, it's beyond my ability to heal it even with my medical ninjutsu," Tsunade looked down sadly. "Make sure Naruto understands that." With that depressing note, we were dismissed and Yamato left quickly.

     I left the office as Kakashi turned to me, "Would you mind letting Naruto know? I have a mission that I have to leave on soon, and I need to gather my team."