Chapter 24: Akatsuki

This chapter was pretty hard to write. I really hate doing stuff strait from the show because I feel like scribe just recording events as they occur instead of actually writing anything. But, this scene was pretty important so I had to suck it up and deal. I am going to stop my whining right there and take a moment to thank every one who's reading this and remind the peoples that I don't own anything Naruto. The only things that I own are the OC's and the plot. Enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------

    I woke up the next day determined to avoid Kakashi. After the death of the Third Hokage, my emotions were a little out of whack, and I was worried as to what I would do if I spent long periods of time with the silver-haired ninja. 'Clearly he doesn't feel the same way. When Sakura confronted us, he was so nonchalant in saying how a relationship between us would be unprofessional. Was this a new version of friend-zoning? Coworker-zoning? Employee-zoning? Sensei-zoning? No, definitely comrade-zoning, that's it.' Now that I was feeling the negative after effects of being comrade-zoned, I decided to drown my sadness in sweets and began making my way to the dango shop. Unfortunately, I was too busy eating my ramen last night to hear Kakashi say that that was where he was going to meet Sasuke in about ten minutes. Throwing on a cream colored ninja shirt, my headband, black ninja pants and black sandals, I headed out of my apartment and waltzed down to go get some dango.

     When I arrived, I was face to face with Kakashi and Sasuke. Just my luck.

     "Kakashi, it's not like you to show up early." Sasuke stated the obvious as he approached him. I, on the other hand, tried to slip past them into the shop so that I could get my delicious dango and be off. Kakashi watched my horrendous stealth out of the corner of his eye with a little smirk. "What gives?"

     "Well, sometimes I do." He glanced back at the table behind him and we both watched the two men eating there vanish.

     Sasuke glared at the empty table, "Let's eat somewhere else, I don't have much of a sweet-tooth."

     "Is that so..." Kakashi sent a knowing look to Kurenai and Asuma who were there watching the exchange. The two disappeared with a nod. Sasuke watched them leave, suspicious about their strange behavior, and I sat down to what I hoped would be a lovely, sweet-filled breakfast. That was when I felt the all too familiar headache that came with one of my visions. Kakashi saw my hand involuntarily fly up to my forehead and was able to deduce what was going on. "Sasuke, why don't we continue this later? I believe that another student of mine has more pressing needs at the moment, sorry."

     "Sure, whatever. I'll come by later to find out whatever it was that you wanted to tell me. Bye." And with that enthused response, Sasuke walked away.

     Kakashi slid on to the bench next to me. "What did you see?"

     "They're Akatsuki; it's Kisame Hoshigaki and Itachi Uchiha. I don't know why they're here, just who they are and that Kurenai and Asuma are no match for them."

     "I know." With that he stood up to leave, and I stood up to follow him. "Where are you going?"

     "With you."

     "No, it's too dangerous. You're still recovering from two days ago."

     "Stop being such a nag, Kakashi. I'm hoping that seeing their faces might trigger some more memories; memories that could help protect the village." He sighed.

     "Fine, but I want you to stay back and not get involved, okay?"

     "Sheesh, fine. But only if you promise to stop acting like I can't take care of myself!" He didn't even bother to argue; he just shot off, and I followed at his heels. We arrived at the fight just in time and like Kakashi had requested, I stayed back from the fray.