Chapter Twenty Seven:The Immortals

Enjoy! A new chapter so please comment and tell me if you liked it:)

~..~

A white flash appeared out of no where as I held on tight to Serena and Erik hands. My eyes were shut closed as I heard Serena chuckle from behind. I flexed my fingers realizing that I had let go of Serena's hand. Peaking, I took a glance at a calm Erik who surprisingly looked a whole lot better. Smiling, Serena gave a tight hug to Erik.

"I'm glad your okay." She said, taking a hold of his hand and smiling sweetly. Erik wasn't paying much attention to her since he was gazing directly at me. I smiled warmly as he let go of Serena's hand and walked over to me. I could see the astonished glare she was giving at me.

"Penelope. What happened? Where's Damon?" he asked, wordiness flashed in his eyes. He was a lot more tired as dark circles were forming under his bottom lid. His messy blond hair was even more messier then before. He was very thin as well and he didn't seem to have that glow I would always catch when he smiled, but right now he was frowning and wanted to get to the bottom of this.

How could I break the news to him that Laurent took Damon's body and is now using it for evil. Just because he saved my life.

"How can I explain this." I ruffled my hair in frustration, "Laurent is back. Damon saved my life and now Laurent has taken control over Damon. So, if you see Damon lurking around. It's Laurent."

"Laurent?" He said, with so much hate in his voice, "He took my brother?"

I shook my head, "I'm so sorry. I tried to do something, but they vanished. So, instead I came looking for you. Your the only one who knows Laurent well enough then the both of us."

He feel silent as he sat slowly on the couch. The couch that he use to sit when he was a kid. Serena stayed in the background. Not wanting to intrude on the conversation that me and Erik had all ready begun. I slide beside him and wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry." I say, for only him to hear, "I'm soooo sorry."

Erik shifted gazing at me, "Stop saying that your sorry Penelope. You tried and that's all that matters."

He didn't get it. I didn't try anything. He wasn't there to witness the horror that displayed through my mind. I was so fixed on Laurent not even noticing that Damon had made a deal with the devil.

Erik pulled me in for a hug. I felt so warm and safe in his embrace. Feeling like nothing even happened. Like everything was back to normal. Esmeralda was still bugging me to clean my room. Mama, was still nagging me to be a girl instead of doing a filthy mans job and my dear papa, telling me to do what was right, but I knew that was all gone as Erik let go of me. I was back in the same situation. Finding Damon. Also, trying to figure out that code Serena witch form had given us.

"There's also something else." I tell him. He gazes at me with arms crossed, "I have to pass three test. Damon was going to help, but hes gone and I need you."

He nodded his head, "The three test are?"

The first test is to go the mountain of Youth. There you must challenge your mind into not growing old, but develop your body to control the amount it is getting. The second test is for you to enter the Land of the Mischief. They will rob you tell you have no more. You must prov that you are worthy and not let them rob you one cent. Or if they do then you will not come out alive, as you see there in the midst lives a young troll and when you don't have anything in return he will eat you alive." reciting the same words that Serena had given me.The final test involves strengths and determination. You must enter the fire of The Immortals. You must have the stone of youth, the stone of mischief and your soul. If you have the courage into saving all the Immortals then you will save all of them. There you will become the The Immortal Queen. If not and you fail then There will be an Apocalypse for the world. Not only for The Immortals, but for human kind as well. It is up too you - you- you- young human to save this world.”

Erik flinched knowing we had all ready accomplished test #1. I quickly took at Serena and she looked at my pocket. I didn't comprehend what she was doing until I felt a hard object on my left pocket of my pants. I took it out and saw a beautiful stone shinning brightly.

"Congratulation Penelope. You've accomplished the first task." Her face was nonhuman like and I knew all too well that this was Serena  the witch herself. 

I stared into the mirror like stone seeing my reflection of a little girl. Her wild brown hair all in a mess as a mischievous smile crossed her small lips.Her piercing brown eyes watched me as I did to her. She was radiant and she was me.

"How?" I asked, baffled by the news as Erik took the stone out of my hand.

"You could've ran. You could've stranded your friend, but instead you took the risk. You fought all odds and stood your ground. Your becoming a great leader. I just hope you do the right thing."

"What do you mean the right thing?" I asked,

"Right now isn't the right time. It is you-you-you that will have to complete this journey alone."

"But Erik and Damon."

"They will have to venture on their own quest as well."

"But I don't even know what to do?" I say, standing in front of the possessed Serena, "You don't know what I've been through to just be here! I just need to get Damon and that's it."

"Damon is not the one you want." She said, as her white flecks of hair shinned brighter, "There's something else that you want. Isn't there?"

I stand there silently as she says the words I was itching to say myself.

"Your family."

Erik stops playing with the stone and rest his hand on my shoulder, "Penelope, their gone. If you bring them back then it will cause some sort of cause of events with the universe."

I didn't know what over came me, but I blurted out, "Oh yeah? Then why on earth are you here? Why on earth is a witch and fairy's here? There not suppose to exist. There only suppose to exist in fairy tales!" I yelled as a tear rolled down my cheeks, "My family wasn't suppose to die."

Erik stepped back a bit leaving some room for me, "Penelope. Damon needs us.......he needs you."

I turned around with fire rising through my ears, "He doesn't need me. I failed him. I let Laurent take him."

"What? Penelope don't say that. You tried-

"No I didn't. I stood there. Frozen in place as I saw everything. If it wasn't for me and my stupid stubbornness then Damon would be here and I.....will I'm better off without you guys."

Erik stayed silent. He closed his eyes as I watched  Serena  getting back to her natural state.

"Penelope, he was possessing you and if you don't believe me then I don't know what you'll believe. You can save your parents from what happened a few months ago. Or you can save Damon who saved you. Right now I need to think. If I want to save my brother then I better get started. I don't know about you, but I know when to let go of the past and when my friends in the present really need....no count on me. Especially my brother." He stormed out of the house and slammed the door,

"Finally." I say annoyed.

"Penelope. He's right. You need to let go of the past. It's better than sulking for years because of their death.They would want you to be happy and safe."

"But don't you see. I can get them back. Just by doing what you told me."

"Penelope. I hope you choose the right path." she walked past me and headed up stairs.

I didn't care if they didn't agree with what I was doing, but if it involved my family and seeing their bright faces. Then I will do anything just to see them again.Family mattered more to me than saving Damon life.

I felt a strange feeling creep through me and my throat started to hurt.  Family mattered more to me than saving D...A...mon life. There it is again. Somehow the words wouldn't stay properly. I bit my lower lip and I knew in my heart that this was the right thing to do, but their was a piece beating rapidly than its normal speed and it was telling me to........Let go.