What?

Her name left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not only was she a backstabbing slut, but somehow in cahoots with possibly very dangerous people... Or vampires as it is.

I watch her carefully as she walks over to me, passing the table, brushing her fingers along its top slightly before glancing up at me.

"You seem better." She said while gesturing towards me.

"Excuse me?" I ask confused at her reference.

"You had a few... Injuries when you arrived here." She continues calmly.

What? I try to think back, remembering what happened.

Realization hit me and I let out a soft gasp.

"My injuries... How are they healed? Did you feed me vampire blood?!" I question accusingly.

She just gives me a dismissal wave with her hand.

"No biggie. We need you in one piece. I take it you got acquainted with Nikolai. Don't take him personal, he doesn't hate you, but rather his family. Anyway, how are you feeling?" She rushes out the words, but sweetly all the same.

"I feel fine. Why are you doing this to me?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Oh it's nothing against you Stormlyn. Rather your heritage. But I've said enough. Time to get the tests on the way." She said it so casually it made my hair stand on end.

"Tests? What tests?" I ask in a panic voice.

She didn't answer me, instead just called out to Nikolai.

He was there in a flash and they were talking quietly before he looked at me, a smirk forming on his face. Then she left and he closed the door behind him.

He was looking directly at me, while slowly stalking toward me.

I kept my ground however, although I was trembling on the inside.

"I wonder what Lucas would do if I experimented with you..." He trails off as he walks around me, tapping his finger on his chin as if thinking it over.

I kept quiet at the mention of his name. I on the other hand have hopes of him coming to my rescue soon.

"Well let us begin." He mutters while glaring at me.

"Begin what?" I question furiously.

He chuckles. "Fiesty."

I mock his chuckle. "I get that a lot."

Suddenly he is very quiet, as if contemplating my death. At this thought I shrink a bit into myself.

"Well I guess it is part of your heritage traits." He says while leaning towards me.

"Will someone just tell me what the hell is going on?! Why am I here?!" I began to shout at him.

"Calm down redhead." He says while pinching some of my hair.

"Ouch!" I yell out in a whimper.

"You are so dramatic." He rolls his eyes at me. That's it.

I bubbled all my anger and lifted my hand, bringing it across his face with as much strength as possible.

My fist collided with his cheekbone, and in an instant my hand felt as if I broke it.

"Mother of..." I yelp out with pain.

Nikolai was glaring at me hatefully while stroking his jaw and cheek with his hand.

"You have serious guts or a fuckin suicide wish." He growls out at me.