Strange Sunday

Chapter 4

Sunday morning came and went and soon it was later in the afternoon. I decided to sleep in since I had such an... exhausting weekend. I was awkwardly (yet comfortably) lying in my soft queensize bed thinking about nothing but yet everything, you know that feeling right? When I heard Hokus Pokus by ICP start to play. I quickly glance at the wall clock: 14:26. Great stuff. I sigh as I thought who the heck would call me and as I reach for my phone I see the caller ID.. Kaidan. Right...

I answer the phone lazily.

"Hello?"

"Well hello there gorgeous." Came Kaidan's cocky voice through the earphone.

Me being me just had to retort with a logical sarcastic reply.

"Gorgeous huh? Well I'm impressed. Didn't know you had the ability to see through phonecalls how I look.."

"Ha ha yeah yeah.. So hey Lyn I was thinking we could hang a bit later?" His more charming side boomed through.

"I just barely woke up.. And I'm feeling violent. You sure you want to risk it big boy?" I laughed a little as I tried to sound dead serious.

"That sounds sexy actually... See you at 3 then."

Boop. That's the last thing I heard.. That bitch boy! The mere audacity! I just stared at my phone with my mouth open until I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. What? You can't be serious... He can't be here already! I jumped out of bed knowing James would get it, which gives me time to get decent.

I quickly threw on a tank top and a pair of jean shorts. I made my hair up in a messy ponytail and quickly went to wash my face and brush my teeth. Feeling fresh I walzed my way downstairs.

As I got downstairs my face dropped. Oh. My. Fucking. God.

No.. Just no. Not now! Not him! Shit.

"Miss Mareu. Your.. Um.. Past suitor is here to see you?.." I barely heard James speak.

In the door waiting stood Danny. DANNY of all fucking people. What the fuck does he want? (I'm sorry I kind of swear a lot when I'm pissed off or really depressed.. But hey who doesn't am I right? ;))

"Hey Lyn." Danny said with a cute smile while half waving to me. I just stood there shocked. I probably looked like Jack Sparrow when he was in Davey Jones's Locker when he threw that rock crab that kept following him.

"Uhh... Why are you here?" I just blurted out.

I could see James felt just as awkward so I gave him a nod and he soon disappeared.

I returned my full attention back to Danny.

He started to scratch the back of his head.

"Um... I was hoping we could talk actually."

"Talk?" I snorted. "Talk about what... exactly?" I folded my arms as I leaned against the rail of the stairs, glaring at him.

He shifted uncomfortably under my scorching gaze.

"You never gave me a chance to explain. After that night you never even talked to me again.." He said softly, I could hear the emotions in every word and see it in his eyes..

"Well whoop tee doo... What did you expect me to do? Huh? Fall in your arms and cry like some weak bitch that is afraid of being left alone? Well I'm NOT that girl. So say your peace and leave." I hissed venomously as I changed my posture from relaxed to tense.

"Lyn, I'm sorry. I should have never done it. I honestly don't know why I did it, and sometimes I could just kick myself for ruining the best thing with the best girl ever." His quivering voice came out. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.