The pre engagement party shock

Today is the party of my engagement to Lucas. After our night together, he didn't once check on me or talk to me.

I felt this.. This hole in my chest. Especially after we connected on an intimate level.

I sigh loudly, sitting on the edge of my bed. I glance at the dress I have bought for the party, but I feel no excitement whatsoever.

I glance at the time, it's already past 3 in the afternoon. I guess I should go shower and start getting ready.

Without any real motivation, I force myself to go take a long hot shower. Just as I entered my bathroom, I heard my door open, and close again. I turn to peek out into my room, when Sabrina stood there in the middle of my room.

Instantly fury raged inside me, but she just looked at me with big emotional eyes.

"Um.. Can I help you? " I ask in an unsure voice.

"Yes actually.. You can. " She spoke soft but stable.

"Ok? " I say in the same voice as before.

She sighs. "Can I sit?" She asks me motioning to my bed.

"Oh uh sure." I reply , still standing in the bathroom's doorway.

"Look Stormlyn, I am not the enemy here. I want us to be friends. I don't know what Kaidan told you, but I bet he didn't tell you the truth. Lucas told me you felt insecure about me being around. You have nothing to fear from me, trust me. " Her voice sounds so angelic in comparison with her whole aura and look.

I just stand there and gape at her.

What??

"I don't understand. " I say confused.

She smiles at me. And I can see it's a genuine smile.

"What I am saying is this. You only hear what Kaidan tells you. I am here to tell you the whole truth. " Her voice held no room for lies.

"Now? " I ask too quickly. I mean I have to get ready for my engagement party for crying out loud.

"Not everything, just my role in Lucas' life. We can have a girls day out tomorrow if you like? "
She sounded so real. So... So damn innocent.

"Err.. Alright.. " I agree unsure.

"Well, me and Lucas go way back. Did you ever watch Underworld?" She asks interested.

"Um yeah. But a long time ago. What does that have to do with anything? " I question more confused.

She sighs, combing her beautiful black hair back with her sleek fingers.

"Well, my family got brutally murdered. Lucas' dad, the king and also one of the Original bloodlines, found me near death. He saw something in me, and.. And he took me in. He changed me and when he introduced his son to me, Lucas, we instantly bonded." She relives the memory.

"Bonded? " I couldn't help but ask.

"We were close. We just had that connection, you know?" She slightly chuckles.

No! I don't know!

"Anyway, we were inseparable. But one day, I caught his sister with a lycan. " Her whole expression turned sad.

I take a sharp breath.

"They uhm, they begged me not to tell anyone. I didn't understand their love, we were told kind with kind. Otherwise it's abominable. I was torn because Sheela was like my sister and her father my creator. I eventually told Lucas and he totally went fucking berserk. " she pauses, pain crossing over her beautiful features.

I just sat there silently, listening.

After a moment, she continued.

"He went after the lycan directly. I tried to stop him, but he was furious. He went out and almost killed the lycan, was it not for his sister begging him not to. But, be that as it may, their father found out and and put the lycan into chained slavery and ordered her to never see him again or he will kill him. " Tears started pooling in her deep green eyes and she wiped under her nose and let out a sad laugh.

I put my hand on hers which was in her lap now. I gently squeezed her hand to continue.

"But uhm, Sheela was with child. As soon as she found out, she went to her father begging him to release her lover and father of her child. He was outraged at her audacity and sentenced her to death for that day." Sabrina let out a sob and then she looked at me with a soft smile.

"But Lucas would never let any harm come to his beloved sister. So he went to the lycan, told him he would help him escape to save Sheela. But no one is to know he was in any way involved." she went quiet for a bit. Then she took a breath and continued.

"Everything turned to chaos that night. Sheela and her lycan escaped, and I was tasked in hunting them down. And above all, kill the hybrid." She stilled at the distant memory, thinking deeply.

"Why would they allow that to be turned into a Hollywood best seller?" I asked completely baffled.

"Well in the motion picture, Sheela was burned at the stakes along with her baby. In reality, I was their hunter. There are a lot of similarities but the outcomes were so very much different, believe me." She whispered with a pained voice.

"This is.. Oh my god. I don't even know what's real and what not anymore. Who knew vampires directed movies?" I blurt out confused.

Sabrina smiled at me.

"Well I wanted you to know the truth about me and Lucas. Since we couldn't get to that part yet, I will tell you tomorrow. But know this: Me and Lucas.. Changed after I was ordered to hunt his sister and kill her. We are only platonic now. Which is like 400 years now. " She smiles warmly at me again. "Plus he's not my type anymore. "She grins and wink at me, then stood up and walked to my door.

"Get ready and I will see you at your party. " She flashes me a smile and close the door.

Leaving me there with my mind blown.

******************************
Heyyyyy! So what the actual fuck huh?

And puh lease dont go all crazy cuz i used underworld as a baseline life story. And Sabrina huh? Who knew? Or is she really just playing with our girl? Hmm.

Vote! Comment! Fan! I will love u my lil night creatures.

Freakynikki ^()^