The end of the camp

So here I was, laying restlessly in my tent. Tossing and turning, my mind exploding with what happened between Kaidan and I.

After he walked back with me to camp, I told him I need my space.

He didn't protest, and so he left me to my own personal hell.

I don't know what to feel - happiness? Dread? Shame? Regret?

Regret..

Regret...

Regret.

Such a short, commen word, yet it describes such a powerful emotion.

I quietly sit back up, it's still dark and the last of the other students stumbled back here about 2 hours ago.

So I'm guessing it's around 2 a.m.

I can't breath in this tiny enclosure anymore, so I decided to get out and get some fresh air.

I unzipped my tent, and as I got out fresh air invaded my senses.

I took a much needed breath and instantly felt better. But only just.

I heard a small giggle to my left and saw some guy sneaking out of Vanessa's tent. Ugh. What happened to her? 4 months ago she was my best friend, and she always rejected every guy who ever hit on her. I guess Danny changed that for her.

Suddenly I felt enraged at the thought of them together.

I stood silently infront of my tent, just enjoying nature and trying to forget everything, if only for a little while.

After about 10 minutes I could feel myself calm down a bit. You would think sex with a guy whom you found attractive would make you happy or some shit, but my god I was feeling awful. I couldn't describe the feeling even if my life was at stake. The word that could partly explain it would be horrible. I felt horrible.

But why? I couldn't decipher why I felt like this.

I was so exausted, but I couldn't sleep. My eyes wandered around the campsite, searching for something. But what? When my eyes fell on it - I knew.

I had to talk to him. Explain to him it was a mistake, that alcohol was to blame here. But was it?

Only the crunching echoes of my bare feet on some dead plant matter was heard as I was approaching his tent.

I stopped briefly - taking a big gulp of air. I need to do this now.

I bent down against the tent, listening as I quietly whisper.

"Kaidan?"

"Are you awake?" I quickly ask.

I heard a soft groan, telling me he was asleep.

"Kaidan! Come on." I whisper yell.

"Huh? What? Stormlyn?" His voice low and sleepy.

"Open up you stupid ass." I instruct him impatiently.

"Hold up." He groans out.

I look around as I wait for him to open up.

After a few seconds I heard the zipper.

"What's wrong?" He questions half asleep.

"Everything!" I mumble out a bit too loud.

He just gives me a flat look.

"I feel like I betrayed someone." I confess silently.

"What? Why?" He asks while grabbing a shirt.