The camping weekend (part 3)

Uhhhhh.... It's so damn hot. I feel sticky and just ew. We've been walking for over an hour now, and I hope to God we take a break soon.

Just then the teacher announced that we will be taking a much needed 10 minute break to rest and such.

I sat down immediately on a nearby rock and took a bottle of water out of my backpack.

I take a big gulp, almost choking when I swallow an air bubble with it. Ouch! I hate when that happens.

"So slowpoke, want to be my date for the bonfire?" Kaidan asks as he sat down beside me.

I snort. "Yeah right. So you can take advantage of me again?" I say without looking at him.

"I will never do that Stormlyn." He says seriously.

I turn to look him in the eye. And wow, okay he was serious. All playfulness is gone from his being.

"Yesterday?" I question arching an eyebrow.

"I didn't do anything against your will." He says a bit angry at my accusation.

"But you would've if I didn't stop you." I corrected him.

"No Stormlyn, I wouldn't have. Kissing yeah. But never sex. Do you really think that low of me?" He questions me with a rage building up in him.

He caught me a bit offguard with his response.

My face fell and he saw.

"Don't." He says defeated.

I look at him once more when I saw that he had a soft smile on his face.

"Sorry Kaidan. You just come off as a total player." I try to defend myself.

"Yeah. Maybe I am." He smirks and gives me a wink before he gets up and walk away, leaving me glaring at his back.

Such a prick. He actually made me feel guilty for a second.

The other kids started moving again so I got up and followed.

Eventually we made it to the Waterhole.

And wow...

Was it beautiful. It was a beautiful blue waterhole with a small rocky mountain and waterfall. Surrounding it was gorgeous scenery of trees and bushes.

I heard someone yell and then everyone ran towards the waterhole.

I just stood there planted in the earth, still in awe of this picture perfect scene.

Someone slapped me on my back and in reflex I swing around and punched.

"Ouch!" Danny cried out in pain.

"Oops.. Sorry.." I tried to apologise, until I saw blood.

My eyes widened with panic.

"Oh my god are you okay?!" I ask frantic.

He's holding his one hand over his nose and using the other to wave me off.

"It's okay, I deserved it." He tries to joke, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

I try to help him clean up, but he refuses.

"I'm a big boy, I can handle a little rough love." He teases but winces in pain.

"You are right about the boy part." Kaidan pipes in.

I just glare at him.

Danny just ignores his unasked for remark.

I look at Kaidan.

"As to you right?" I ask folding my arms and glaring at him.

"Well naturally. I am a man sweetheart." He boasts and I can see Danny clenching a fist.