The big bonanza

Chapter 3

Beep beep beep beep*

''Ugh...'' I groaned as I grab the phone and fiddle with it to put the alarm off.

4:00 p.m. Nice.. I push myself up from bed when I suddenly remember why I got up. A jolt of excitement shot through me as I quickly got off my bed and decided to take a quick refreshing shower.

Half an hour later I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me walking towards my closet. I dig through my pile of clothes and got out a dark skinny jean along with a black top that frills at the bottom sides with a piece of adjustable rope thingies hanging from either side. (Don't laugh at my weak descriptions... Hey! I said no laughing!) I decided to wear my high heel gladiator shoes with it and my necklace which is a Celtic cross on a black rope. I quickly got dressed and went to do my make-up next. Just as I sat down in front of the dresser, my phone beeped. I grabbed my phone and opened the message.

'Hi, it's Kaidan. I'm gonna be early. How's 6?'

I typed back:'Hi, how did you get my number? And sure.'

Beep* I open the text. 'My secret. See u in few.'

I stare at the phone in disbelief. I chuck it to the side and continue with my make-up.

I put on black eyeliner and dark eyeshadow. I applied some black mascara making my long lashes look even longer. I added some nice light brown lipgloss to make my lips look a bit thicker. I have petite lips haha. I rarely wear foundation and today is one of the days I'm not wearing any.

I comb through my hair and shake it to give it a bit volume. I put a little black clip to the side of my hair. I look at myself. Hmm not bad. I look actually good. When I'm done admiring myself and correcting with what I'm not happy, I glance at the clock. 5:34. Jesus christ! Where did the time go!

I quickly go brush my teeth and spray on some perfume. I brush myself off and pack my bag for tonight. Cell phone in my pocket, wallet and everything unnecessary a girl ever had in a bag, thrown inside my bag.

5:52. Beep* I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and read the text.

'Knock knock.' It reads. Really? He text me that? I laugh as I walk downstairs to open the door.

But... James already beat me to it. Great stuff. I wave them both with a smile as I approach them.

''Miss Mareu, this young gentleman claims he is here to take you out.'' James says in his famous butler tone. I start laughing.

''Yes James, that's correct. We're going out don't bother waiting up, relax and take the evening off.''

I said through the laughter while going over to hug him.

He laughs and we both turn to see a confused looking Kaidan. So I laughed even more.

''James this is Kaidan. And Kaidan, meet James. He's like family.''

''Nice to meet you sir.'' Kaidan said formally while sticking out his hand to greet James.

''We shall see, mister Kaidan. Take care of miss Mareu or there will be hell on earth.''

James warned just like a protective father. Makes my heart warm to know someone like James cares so much for me.

I looked over to Kaidan to see a surprised expression on his face.

I laughed all over again.

I grabbed Kaidan and waved goodbye to James as we walked down towards his car. Man, that Audi is just as gorgeous as him... And there I go again. Thinking inappropriate things.