Shattering

It felt like eons, trapped inside this nothingness. I grew tired of trying to find a way out, it felt pointless. Every now and again I would feel something strange, like a slip into my mind and see the world again, but not really. 

The demon would visit me, taunting me with what havoc I will wreak when I am fully matured into my potential. I, of course, would throw all my anger at him, in hopes of pissing him off or something. He is just soooo calm, it is infuriating. And that flipping grin! I have a plan forming, sort of. I am just going to lead him astray and then strike. Hopefully I can break this imprisonment. 

"Hello dear." He greeted as he appeared from dark mist, walking forward then turning to face me when he fully appeared.

I just eyed him though narrowed eyes, trying to pinpoint a weak spot for my plan.

"Demon, are you dead or alive?" I suddenly ask while thinking of something. He refused to give me his name, and I have yet to find out why.

He chuckles lightly, smiling at me again. "We are neither." His answers to everything I ask is absolutely useless and a riddling mess. I hate it!

I just roll my eyes at him and walk closer to him. His eyes follow my every move, and it makes me uncomfortable. I cross my arms as I go and stand in front of him.

"I want to leave." I state confidently, keeping eye contact with him. He stares back at me, unblinking.

"Fine." He suddenly says. This caught me off guard, and my whole face showed shock.

"Really?" I question surprised, not believing that he said that. First thing I do when I get free, is to get rid of this demon. But strange enough, I do not feel hatred towards him. Just absolute anger.

"Yes. If you can answer one question." He says deviously, and I can see a change in his eye colour, turning inky black.

"A question?" I ask stumped. Really? 

"Hmhm." He confirmed while nodding his head in agreement. Okay, so I need to answer a question in order to take back my life. Sounds easy, but I bet it will be tricky. He is a demon after all.

I inspect his body language, trying to decipher what trick he is playing at. He stands confident, with a light smile playing on his lips. His demeanor gives nothing away. It makes me wary.

"If you can guess my name, I will let you go. Give you your freedom and freewill back. And to sweeten the deal, I will even grant you 3 hints." He says while putting his hands in his trouser pockets. Really? Do I want to take the chance? Yes. Yes I do.

"Deal." I say, not wanting to overthink and waver on it. His smile broadened as he looked at me, and the he took out a dagger like knife. My eyes widened at the sight of it, and he saw this.

"Relax, it is only to pierce the tip of your pointer finger so that we can set a contract deal in blood. May I?" He explained while asking and extending his hand to me. I hesitated a moment, because making deals with demons suddenly sounded more like selling my soul to the devil. Which could be possible. I mean, demons does the devils work, don't they?

Slowly I lifted my arm towards him, then dropped it again. I didn't feel like signing a contract, especially with blood. When has anything good ever come from blood contracts??? Just thinking back to all the movies and books about stuff like that, it never ends well.

His face contorted into a frown when I dropped back my arm. "Stormlyn, may I remind you that you made a deal with me?" he asks me as if I am a child. His tone angered me immensely.

"It is not set in stone yet, or blood in this case. I don't want to sign a blood contract with some demon." I ground out, trying not to do something regrettable. I stared at him, waiting for his reaction to my blatant rejection.

 He visibly scowled at me now. This is the first time I have seen him showing any type of irritation or anger. "You seem to think that you have a choice still. You made your choice, and now you will stick with it or forfeit." He states matter of factly and glares at me.

"What will happen if I don't get it right?" I question, afraid to know the answer. If I must do this, I need to know what is at stake here. 

His scowling turns to a arrogant smile now, and he point the blade lightly in my direction. "That, is the first good question you have asked since we met. Indeed, what will happen? I am not sure you want to know Stormlyn. It might change you." 

Now I am the one frowning. "What? Stop being so cryptic! What does that even mean?" I question irritably, trying to make sense of this demons' words.

He just keeps smiling, when all of a sudden I feel a pressure and then a sharp sting. A gasp left me when I realized what was happening. Everything felt like it was going slow motion, my eyes swooping down to see my arm outstretched and the demon holding me by the wrist, a dark leathery parchment in his other hand. Then I saw what he was waiting for - my blood to drop onto that dark scroll. Instinctively I tried to pull away, but I was cemented to the spot. 

"No." I heard myself saying the word, but it sounded unreal. My eyes followed the blood, and when it dripped onto that parchment, it was like a shock slid through me as quick as lightning. He released me, and I stumbled back, panic setting in. This was not what I had in mind when he set up the deal at first.

I cradled my arm to my chest, my attention on my blood pricked finger, then up to look at him in disbelief.

"You.. What did you do?" I demanded in a shaky voice.

He just smiled at me, still holding the leathery parchment. "I just made sure you don't get any ideas about getting out of the contract. It is signed and sealed in our blood after all. Now, take some time to think, I will be back with your 3 hints and then we shall see if you will set yourself free of us, or if I will get my long awaited perfect creation." 

I didn't even get a chance to react to that, he was just gone, leaving me puzzled and confused. But, on the plus side, I saw that he wisped up a bedroom with a television set. Guess I at least got a consolation prize for what just occurred. That bastard.

*****************************************************************************************

Welp. I am still sick. My phone broke, the weather is strange, people are nasty and unicorns don't exist... What else???? lol so tell me what you think is going on? If you feel like sharing that is :) Also, typos.

Love you guys!

Freakynikki ^()^