Chapter Twenty-Nine: Goodbyes

It’s the day after I re-joined The Silver Eyes Pack, after spending yesterday afternoon curled up on the couch next to Nate with the rest of the gang watching Pirates of the Caribbean one, two, three and four we had finally decided that maybe it was time to organise dinner. After that we had sat down again and watched a couple of TV shows.

Then at about eleven o’clock we had decided that maybe it was time that we all went off to bed. Knowing that today would be a long day, especially when we found out that Alpha Reid had decided that it was time for them to leave and head back to The Copper Eyes Pack.

Trick, Drew and Nate crashed here again, Drew and Trick stealing the couches leaving Nate to sleep on the floor. But he didn’t really seem to mind as long as he got a pillow he said he would be fine. I felt sorry for him, guilty even that he had to sleep on the hard floor while the rest of us got beds and couches, but he had just brushed us all off and fallen asleep right in front of us on the floor.

Up in my room Tessa and I had stayed up to twelve thirty talking, knowing that we had to get some sleep but neither of us being able to. We talked about everything and anything from what had happened to us while we were held captive to things we remembered from before to everything that’s happening now.

Talking about everything helped to ease Tessa’s stress a bit more, because as we were talking about all of it I could see her visibly relaxing. In the end we had agreed that it would be a good idea to at least get some sleep. So we had.

I had dreamt about finding my mate, finding out that he is Roman. A devilish grin on his face as he took my hand tingles erupting at the touch. But then he changed, changed to Derek, Alpha Justin’s son. A handsome smile on his kind face as he ever so gently kissed my knuckles. But then Roman was back in front of me again, laughing at me telling me that I’m a stupid girl for thinking that I could ever get away from him.

Waking up this morning I had snuck out of my room with some fresh clothes and gone into the bathroom to have a shower. Washing away the remains of the dream from my mind with the hot water going down the drain. Once finished I dry myself off keeping my eyes averted from my body so I don’t have to look at the ugly scars littering my skin like nasty reminders.

Holding the towel in my left hand I reach to put it down on the bathroom counter just as the door swings open. Gasping in surprise I spin around to face the door the towel still in my left hand. When my eyes land on Nate I feel my checks flush as the realisation that I’m completely naked comes to mind.

Nate takes one look at me and flushes a red colour averting his eyes as he stutters out some apologises. I quickly wrap the towel around myself as I try to collect myself from the embarrassment of being caught in the nude.

“It’s alright Nate.” I say after a while my checks still heated.

He slowly turns around, his copper brown eyes catching sight of the towel and I watch as his shoulders relax. “I’m sorry, I didn’t even realise anyone was in here.” He says as he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

“No, it’s alright. My fault, I didn’t lock the door.” I laugh softly trying to relax more.

“I promise didn’t see anything.” Nate stampers he glances around the bathroom.

I walk over to him, placing my hand on his chest reassuringly. “It’s okay Nate.”

He nods his head.

Turning around I scoop up my things and leave the bathroom. “Anyway. It’s all yours.” I smile as I walk down the hall a bit to my bedroom door.

After taking another ten minutes to get ready I can hear the sounds of everyone being up and about, because the house sounds like it’s full of life. Tessa and I make our way down stairs dropping her bag by the door as we go into the kitchen to get some breakfast.