Chapter Twenty-Six: Tale of a Survivor

After receiving a message this morning during breakfast that Alpha Justin of The Silver Eyes Pack wanted my presence in his office as soon as I could. I had exchanged wary glances with Tessa and Tommy, then because I had already finished breakfast I had stood up saying bye to them, my brother and his mate I had followed the male Guard to the Alpha’s house.

Which is where I’m currently standing outside of, not sure whether I should continue forward or turn around and go back to the house. But when the front door opens and a young male walks out with a football tucked up under his arm I hesitate as I stare up at him.

He’s gorgeous; tall and muscular with dark brown hair just the right length to catch your fingers in, his captivating brown-gold eyes meet mine as I dumbly stare at him. I feel a blush form over my cheeks as a smirk grows across his lush plumb lips.

Deep within me I feel a pull to walk toward him, throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. But I push that away as a silly feeling because he probably already has a beautiful mate. The guy walks down the porch steps and stops in front of me, his scent tickles my nose.

“I’m guessing you’re here for my father.” He stats rather than asks.

But I answer anyway. “Yes…”

“He’ll be waiting in his study.” He smiles gently as he reaches one of his hands toward me about to lift a strand of my hair but he stops just before dropping his hand to his side.

“Thank you.” I give him a small smile.

“Derek babe, are you out here?” A high pitched voice asks as another figure comes out the door, a female.

Derek rolls his eyes sighing heavily before forcing a tight smile across his handsome face. “What do you want Katherine?” He turns toward the girl – Katherine.

“Just making sure you didn’t go anywhere without me.” She struts down the porch steps black shoulder length hair bouncing slightly, when she reaches Derek’s side her jade green eyes rake over me with a hint of disgust. “And who are you?” She practically snaps.

What a bitch… I think absently to myself as I meet her gaze evenly. “No one you need to worry your pretty little head with.” I sneer at her.

She gasps clearly not liking what I said. “I should have you punished for that.” She glares at me.

I let out a short laugh. “Give it your best shot Bitch.”

Then I shove her to the side and brush up against Derek’s arm as I walk past up the porch steps and into the Alpha’s house. Following the instructions that the Guard gave me before returning to his post I quickly go over them in my head.

In the front door, turn left the first dark wood double doors you see are it. Knock twice and wait for him to invite you in…

But I don’t get to knock before a voice calls for me to enter. I push the doors open and walk in, taking in the interior quickly. But besides for shelves running up the left and right wall fall of different things, a desk with a high back black leather chair behind it and two other chair in front of the desk there isn’t much else in the room.

Besides for the two people currently standing behind the desk looking at me, I bow my head respectfully to Alpha Justin and Alpha Reid showing them that I mean no disrespect.

“Come and have a seat Amethyst. I just want to ask you a few questions.” Alpha Justin says as he gestures toward the two seats on this side of the wooden desk. “Unless you would prefer to stand.”

I quickly walk over to one of the seats and lower myself into it. “Sitting is fine sir.”

Alpha Reid takes the seat next to me while Alpha Justin takes the one behind the desk; he rests his elbows of the desk. “How are you settling in?”